New User
firescapesunrise
0 Kudos

Re: web browser freezing anyone?

I've had 1.4.1 for almost the entire time I've had the NT and this problem occurs frequently.  It's not the worst part of my day lol, but it is inconvenient--

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

firescapesunrise wrote:

I've had 1.4.1 for almost the entire time I've had the NT and this problem occurs frequently.  It's not the worst part of my day lol, but it is inconvenient--

Version 1.4.2 is current.  Have you tried to update?

New User
Boots77

[ Edited ]

My Nook Tablet freezed about an hour ago and I freaked out.  What I did was contact someone who works for Barnes and Noble chatroom and they stepped me through the process. It was really simple. All you do is plug the charger into the device and plug it into the wall. Then you hold the power button for about 30 seconds and it will turn off.  Then you turn your Nook Tablet back on and all is well! No memory was lost and it is working perfectly.  Hope this was helpful!

New User
Mark25
0 Kudos

I am having this problem as well.  The real crutch of it is that I have now had the much talked about Nook Tablet for exactly 6 days.  Bought new in store, and everything was just peachy for the first 3 of those 6 six days.  Then the browser problems started, it just stops, I have a white screen and regardless of what website I type in or bookmark that I try to access it just sits there like a bump on a log.  The only thing that seems to fix it is a complete reboot, but considering that this is happening about every 5 minutes, its murdering my battery life.  It is not a network issue, because other devices on the same network are functioning beautifully.  Also started randomly crashing today, but thats for another thread.  Seriously considering returning this thing tomorrow.

Contributor
sinatrafanRG
0 Kudos

This exact same thing happened to me, it started yesterday, right out of the blue.  I would log onto the Facebook website, but the exact moment that the Facebook page was finished loading, the entire browser would immediately disappear~! I STILL can't get the browser to load the Facebook site, even though I've done a soft reboot several tilmes. I downloaded the Dolphin Browser, installed it, yet..it STILL would not load properly, once loaded, the browser would immediately disappear~!

All other websites continue to load properly.  I only have this problem with Facebook.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated~  Thanks!

New User
Kris68
0 Kudos

I have the same issue and it has gotten worse since the upgrade!

New User
nlaeowmeic
0 Kudos

My nook tablet didn't just freeze or get stuck a little, even the on/off button wouldn't shut it off or do anything. My battery was at ~90% so I had to wait for it to die. I'm taking it back soon. I just bought it 2 days ago and haven't really done much to it, so I really don't know whats wrong.

New User
Julie61JB

I have had the same problem for a week. I have talked to 3 different chat reps, de-registered & registerd 3 times, replaced the nook with a refurbished Nook and still the same issue, Dolphin browser closes as well. B&N said it is a router issue but my computers are just fine.. Looks like Puffin Free browser is staying open (for now). Glad I am not the only one this is frustrating!!

Reader
booklover70
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting the solution given to you by the chatroom!!! It worked perfectly for me today when my device froze. This has been the very 1st problem I have had with either of my nook devices (I've had my 1st edition nook for 3 1/2 yr & my nook Tablet for a few months.).

Contributor
cecarow
0 Kudos

My browser(s)...yes, I've tried 3...ALL crash and lock up repeatedly, regardless of the website. If I get a freeze, putting my nook hd to sleep then waking it up again thaws it out every time. I suggest those of you doing hard restarts try it and see. At this point I have to say that this device does not work for browsing the web. A real bummer since this is one of the main reasons I got it...in addition to reading, I love visual content like pinterest and tumblr ( not so much flickr and instagram). If you really want to rip your hair out, try to look at a tumblr feed with you hd.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Cecarow, are you on the latest version of the software? They have put out some updates and done some fixes and some of those might be related to browser.

Go to Settings and then click on Device Information. Just look for Software version. If it shows 2.0.5 then you are on the latest version.

If it shows something else you can click on the 2.0.5 to get a dialog that says 'check for updates'. You can click that to update.

Note: Some people have run into special/unique bugs with 2.0.5 so I'd recommend taking out any SD Card you might have BEFORE doing the update.

Contributor
cecarow
0 Kudos

Yep, running 2.0.5.

New User
loriaLL
0 Kudos

Having this problem on the brand new Nook Tablet HD... primarily in Solitaire, Mahjong Solitaire, Spider Solitaire software. Checked current software and we are at 2.0.5 with no updates available. Able to power off and power back on, which temporarily fixes the problem. Any other suggestions?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Hi loriaLL

I'm in the development team for the Solitaire, Mahjong Solitaire, Spider Solitaire App.

If it's a Nook problem then there isn't much we can do.

However, I can help you try out different things. I've sent you a private message. Please feel free to email me or call me. I'm available all day today.

Also, any information you can provide would be great.

When you say you get 'freezing', exactly what happens?

Please let me know details and also which of the 5 games you are seeing an issue in. thank you.