Contributor
PirateGirl6

wishlist not loading, circle only twirls, help???

Contributor
PirateGirl6
0 Kudos

Re: wishlist not loading, circle only twirls, help???

For some reason my nook is acting up. When i tried to write the body of my post it added it to the subject line. Anyway the main reason for my post is my wishlist will not load! Ive seen posts for 6-12 months ago but nothing recent. Is anyone still having this problem or know how to fix it? Been going on fot a couple of weekd now...should i take it into the store? Please help!
New User
librarycatac
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem! Very frustrating. Also, is there a way to sync by tablet wishlist with my pc? My wishlist also just has the "working" circle in the upper right corner.
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

the only wishlist that ever synced with the website was the N1E. Everything else is separate.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
Tess2115
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem with my wishlist for about a week. One customer service person said I was going to have to start all over. Another recently said, that they are having technical difficulties and to wait a couple of days before accessing it. I figured I would wait until next Tuesday before I contacted them again.

Contributor
PirateGirl6
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know. Im going to take it to the store tomorrow and will post what they tell me. Hopefully we will get a solution soon! Im certainly not going to start a new one to have this happen again!
Contributor
PirateGirl6
0 Kudos

I dont think there is a way to sync them, however it would be great if they enabled that feature so when something like this happens we dont lose everything!
Bibliophile
bklvr896

PirateGirl6 wrote:
I dont think there is a way to sync them, however it would be great if they enabled that feature so when something like this happens we dont lose everything!

As was previously stated, the only wishlist that synced was on the N1E.  They took that away with all the other devices, and even though it has been requested multiple times since then, all the wish lists are still separate.  Which is why I use the website wishlist only, since if I have to unregister the device for any reason, I'd lose my wishlist and I have multiple devices, I certainly don't want multiple wishlists.

Even more bizarre, you can't get to the Nookbook wishlist from the mobile site, only the standard wishlist.

Sometimes I think BN doesn't want to us to easily purchase ebooks.

Contributor
PirateGirl6
0 Kudos

Well i went in and the lady tried everything she could think of to fix it and nothing worked. She recommended restarting a list on bn.com with books that i could remember just in case it never came back, but told me she wouldnt deregister it bc youd lose the list for good. Her thinking was eventually they might fix it and you get your wishlist back but if they fix it and you deregistered your device theres no way to get it back. So i guess the waiting continues...
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

On the HD's, you can get your wish list to load by going into "all settings" then tapping on "applications", then tapping on "shop". Under "shop", tap on "clear recently viewed list". That will alow you to see your wish list. Can't remember if there are similar settings on the NT.

Please note, however, that you will need to do the same process often, as the wish list is only viewable for a few hours each time you clear the recently viewed list.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
PirateGirl6
0 Kudos

Tried this on my NT but it didnt work :smileysad: still really frustrated with this whole issue. Ill never buy another nook again...
Reader
GypsyZora

My wish list on my Nook Tablet hasn't loaded in nearly a month. I accessed it every day and bought many books based on price flucuations I saw in the list that I never would have seen if I didn't have a quick way to browse only what I wanted. Now, I buy nothing. And I guarentee BN does not care. The company has decided, "lol, we were just kidding about those silly Nook things" I suspect the Wish Lists will never load again. They've completely dumped the Tablets and aren't about to expend any time or money on fixing any hardware problems like this.

Going into the stores is useless. Don't waste your time. I can tell you straight up from personal experience: They have no idea why the wish list won't load and have no clue how to fix it. They'll tell you to Re-Register the device just to give you an answer so you'll stop yelling at them, but it won't fix server based hardware problems. You'll only lose all your files and have to re-download everything."

I will never own another one of these poor man's iPads.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

GypsyZora wrote:

My wish list on my Nook Tablet hasn't loaded in nearly a month. I accessed it every day and bought many books based on price flucuations I saw in the list that I never would have seen if I didn't have a quick way to browse only what I wanted. Now, I buy nothing. And I guarentee BN does not care. The company has decided, "lol, we were just kidding about those silly Nook things" I suspect the Wish Lists will never load again. They've completely dumped the Tablets and aren't about to expend any time or money on fixing any hardware problems like this.

Going into the stores is useless. Don't waste your time. I can tell you straight up from personal experience: They have no idea why the wish list won't load and have no clue how to fix it. They'll tell you to Re-Register the device just to give you an answer so you'll stop yelling at them, but it won't fix server based hardware problems. You'll only lose all your files and have to re-download everything."

I will never own another one of these poor man's iPads.

I never used the wishlist on my NC nor any of my other devices since it's stored on the device so if you have deregister, it's gone.  

But I will tell you, I also have an iPad, and don't think that they aren't without their own issues.  My iPad is certainly not perfect and frustrates me at times, especially the wifi, which for some reason, decides it's simply not going to work properly for a while, it takes forever to load anything.  Then, all of sudden, it works again.  And it's not my wifi because my computer and my Nook HD will be working just fine.

New User
Rindou
0 Kudos

I'm just getting this problem... But I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one... this way they have to find some solution to our dilemma. But I noticed a couple of the books I did have on my wishlist are still checked off, even though my wishlist still isn't showing. So I'm hoping that if I do reset it or something they'll still be there.

I'm gonna try Tech support tomorrow as it's too late to contact anyone right now. If I learn anything I'll give you all feedback...

Contributor
kurleygirl
0 Kudos

There are several threads out there addressing this same issue and I am going to post this response on every one of them!  I am really pissed about this issue, especially since it has obviously been a problem for a very long time.  Even if B&N won't admit it. 

I had the same problem with my ~1 year old Nook Color about 2 months ago.  I took it into a store, and the employee claimed she had never heard of this problem before.  After great wringing of hands, she said the only solution was to reset the Nook.  I reluctantly agreed; I use the Wishlist to not only show new books I am interested in, but to queue up the next installment of many series I am reading.

After a couple of weeks of FINALLY reassembling my wishlist, my list of internet bookmarks, and my shelves, the Wishlist started acting up again, then finally crapped out.  This time I tried the chat support option.  The support hack I spoke to spent 20 minutes going through all the 'usual' solutions: turn it off then turn it on, turn it off for 10 seconds then turn it on, blah, blah, blah he said that this is a recurring server problem that Tech is 'working on'.  He couldn't say how long they have been working on it, or how long until they expected to solve it.  He said the only thing he could suggest was to reset it and hope they solve the problem before the Wishlist craps out again.  I asked him, if I choose not to reset and live without the Wishlist on the Nook, how would I know when the problem was fixed, he said try it every couple of days!!!  Seems to me this is not a day-to-day problem.

So now I am left using the Nook wishlist online, which is a GREAT pain in the butt, and combined with B&N's policy of advertising 50% off books that aren't actually half their regularly advertised price and crappy deceptive support, wishing I had bought a Kindle.

Reader 4
PattyAnn83
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. After following your suggestion, twice, my wish list came up!! I haven't seen my wish list in months. I do have a HD and this did help me see my wish list again. Yeepie!

Reader 4
PattyAnn83
0 Kudos

Thanks, laurieb52, after trying your suggestion, twice, my wish list finally showed up again. I haven't seen my wish list in months!! I have a HD and this does work, finally!!!
Distinguished Correspondent
AikiPen
0 Kudos

Haven't had my wish list for months!

I figured I just had too many things on it.