Contributor
TiggerNE
0 Kudos

2 Suggestions for Improving Nook Book Purchasing

I love my Nook Simple Touch but there are 2 things that I would like to see changed to improve the nook buying experience.

1.  Why can't there be a cart for nook books like regular books?  I would much rather have one charge of 2.97 on my account than 3 charges for 99 cents.

2.  I usually keep a couple of gift cards on my nook account so I don't have a bunch of small charges on my charge card.  I don't understand why Barnes and Noble cannot charge purchases against one gift card until it is gone and then start on a second card.  One time they use one gift card and the next time a different gift card.  At one point, I had three cards (the maximum allowed) attached to my account and wanted to buy a book for 9.99.  I had to charge part of it to my charge card because I couldn't add another gift card and my 3 cards combined were only worth about $6.00.   If BN would just use one card until it was gone, I could have added another gift card and covered the whole purchase with gift cards.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: 2 Suggestions for Improving Nook Book Purchasing

TiggerNE wrote:

I love my Nook Simple Touch but there are 2 things that I would like to see changed to improve the nook buying experience.

1.  Why can't there be a cart for nook books like regular books?  I would much rather have one charge of 2.97 on my account than 3 charges for 99 cents.

2.  I usually keep a couple of gift cards on my nook account so I don't have a bunch of small charges on my charge card.  I don't understand why Barnes and Noble cannot charge purchases against one gift card until it is gone and then start on a second card.  One time they use one gift card and the next time a different gift card.  At one point, I had three cards (the maximum allowed) attached to my account and wanted to buy a book for 9.99.  I had to charge part of it to my charge card because I couldn't add another gift card and my 3 cards combined were only worth about $6.00.   If BN would just use one card until it was gone, I could have added another gift card and covered the whole purchase with gift cards.

1. Agreed. You would think this would be so simple. Or just group small purchases into one invoice after the fact, the way iTunes does.

2. It used to work that way. Then something changed so that the card with the highest balance is charged first. If you have multiple cards this can cause havoc. (There are ways around it, but the point is, it used to work just fine before.)

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0

[ Edited ]

RHWright wrote:

1. Agreed. You would think this would be so simple. Or just group small purchases into one invoice after the fact, the way iTunes does.

2. It used to work that way. Then something changed so that the card with the highest balance is charged first. If you have multiple cards this can cause havoc. (There are ways around it, but the point is, it used to work just fine before.)

Isn't the fact that it used to work perfectly a good enough reason to change it?  

►Without order there is chaos◄
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,257
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

Isn't the fact that it used to work perfectly a good enough reason to change it?  

It depends upon how old one is.

Nooks: 2 HD+/16GB & 2 HD/8GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted;
    2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.