Frequent Contributor
trisha48

$25 B&N giftcard for $15

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There is a great SaveMore.com deal for Barnes & Noble today.

$25 for $15 Barnes & Noble Gift Card:

http://svmr.co/j4_X

I've bought from them before and have had no problems. It's like a groupon.

Liminted to 1 giftcard per order.

Enjoy!

Contributor
tinag379
0 Kudos

Re: $25 B&N giftcard for $15

i just ordered mine. i cant wait to use it!

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know.  

I can't wait for mine to get here..

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Thanks!  Just got mine a few minutes ago (10:00 EST, Saturday) and the deal countdown clock shows 16 hours left. 

Inspired Correspondent
Knowledge70
0 Kudos

Looks like they are repeating this offer too.  At time of writing (noon Monday) there is15 hours remaining.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Great deal, thanks for letting us know!!!!

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Correspondent
AneMailname
0 Kudos

still available if anyone else wants to get the deal!

“To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.” ~Victor Hugo
Distinguished Correspondent
Spijder
0 Kudos

I would be careful as that particular discount coupon service has a lot of complaints against it.  Has anyone who ordered it earlier in the thread recieved it?

"They ... they have this horrible ... pudding here. Butterscotch pudding on Mondays, it's dreadful." ~Dr. Walter Bishop: Fringe
Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

The coupon itself cannot be "retreived" until 12/12.

At that point, if there are no other issues, I will place it "My Account" for use in purchasing Nook titles.

I did this some months ago with a similar Groupon offer and there were no issues at all.

We will see what there is to be seen with SavMor.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I, too, bought this several weeks ago. As with P38Lightning, my coupon was to be available 12/12.   Today, "My Deals" page says that the coupon will be available 12/12 at 12PM CST--that's about 40 minutes from now.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one!

Reader 4
julioangelortiz
0 Kudos

Just a word of caution:

I saw a similar deal on another site for SaveMore and was warned that this site is *potentially* shady. Do a search on SaveMore and you'll see a number of complaints and how difficult it has been to obtain the product once you purchase it. Also, their BBB rating is apparently abysmal. 

If it worked for you, that's great, but after looking into them I was very leary of trying. 

Contributor
tricespencer
0 Kudos

Apparently you have to give your address and you will receive the gift card in the mail 5 - 10 days from now.

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Hey all.  just to let you know (I've never dealt with Savemore before) I assumed that they would just mail out the giftcard to my address since I had to register that info with my CC when I made a purchase.  I went today to take a look-see and noticed that it won't automatically ship out until you select "claim" under the "My Deals" section.  You then enter the address you want it sent to, then it will mail the card out to wherever you direct.  Just thought maybe I wasn't the only one who didn't know this.  Cheers.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I read their "How it Works" section which says that on the day the deal closes, the coupon will arrive in your email.  So I monitored my email account, inbox and junk mail folder, for 6 hours after the 12/12 12pm EST time given for the coupon availability. 

When the coupon did not appear, I went back to my SaveMore account page and attempted to "claim" the coupon.  On discovering that this option would result in the coupon being snail-mailed to me rather than emailed,  I attempted, twice, to call the 1-800 CS number about the discrepancy in their information about receiving the coupon.  Each time I was put on hold for 10 minutes and then sent to voice mail.

I am hoping that the card will, indeed, appear in my mail box within the 5-6 business days specified by SaveMore.  If not, I plan to report the incident to my credit card company

Since misery loves company :smileyhappy:, I would love to hear from anyone who receives his coupon/gift card.  I'll keep you informed of my progress, too.

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Another Update.  So last Tuesday I "claimed" my GC for B&N from Savemore (never got any emails other than the original saying I had made the purchase).  When I claimed it the fine print said it would arrive in the mail in 7-10 days, so obviously I've been checking my mailbox for the past few days wondering where it is, thinking that I would give them until the end of the week to call and question.  Well today I just got an email saying that they are just now mailing out my GC and I should have it in 3-5 business days.  Hmmm, we'll see, keep ya posted.

Correspondent
AneMailname
0 Kudos

Yes. please keep us posted! I am waiting as well!

“To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.” ~Victor Hugo
Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

...as am I.

Ordered on 12/5 and went through all the steps.

Have left two phone messages about 10 days apart with no response (latest 12/22 PM).

Offer expired 12/13 so it has been ten days since that point.

Reader 4
mdg299

I received my card today. Now I just need to decide which books I want to buy.:smileyhappy:

Correspondent
julianka
0 Kudos

Still waiting for my card - got the email on Monday saying it had been shipped.

Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

Hooray for you as that at least (somewhat) legitimizes the process.

The Groupon process was so much more straightforward and without glitches, guesswork, and unreturned phone calls.