Inspired Scribe
kamas716

Re: ALL BN Customers should read, hopefully BEFORE you purchase a Nook...

Ruwiten7 wrote:

Not seeking assistance from forum users, unless you have the special button it would take to initiate BN's shipment of a Nook that supposedly is ready to ship. Other than that, yes, I am just here to complain. It seems to have gotten YOUR attention; but I really want to inform folks that haven't made their choice, or purchase, yet.

As far as posting a "Support" chat being obnoxious, it's merely a preview of what anyone contacting "Support" should expect.

If you don't want support from users, the users support forum probably isn't the right place to post.  It's for folks like you that B&N really needs to update their forum with a "hide/ignore user" feature.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

compulsivereaderTX wrote:

I'm sure this was his intention, but please...Don't mistake that we reacted because he dissed the product or BN's CS....but because he dissed US.

So much this.  I may, on occasion, come accross as rather brash.  It's in part a personality trait, and in part because I deal with customers ranting at me about the failures of their Nook or BN CS and all I can really do is smile and nod and say 'sorry'.  If they get offensive toward me I can walk away and get a manager.  That limitation is not as present on the forums.  So when someone comes here and rants, and responds to those who try and help, several forum regulars, with 'nope, not interested, I don't want help clearly this is just how everyone is always treated' I'll probably take off the filter I try and maintain otherwise.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

compulsivereaderTX wrote:

I'm sure this was his intention, but please...Don't mistake that we reacted because he dissed the product or BN's CS....but because he dissed US.

So much this.  I may, on occasion, come accross as rather brash.  It's in part a personality trait, and in part because I deal with customers ranting at me about the failures of their Nook or BN CS and all I can really do is smile and nod and say 'sorry'.  If they get offensive toward me I can walk away and get a manager.  That limitation is not as present on the forums.  So when someone comes here and rants, and responds to those who try and help, several forum regulars, with 'nope, not interested, I don't want help clearly this is just how everyone is always treated' I'll probably take off the filter I try and maintain otherwise.

I understand this completely. At one time, I was in a position to be "the go-to" person when the customer was unhappy. I had a rep for being calm in a crisis and dealing with issues when everyone else was falling apart.....Yeah..me...go figure.

But here? I don't get paid to take it, so if I get irritated enough..yep...my "filters" start fading away too. I TRY to maintain them, but sometimes, I just haven't had enough caffeine yet.