New User
Ruwiten7
0 Kudos

ALL BN Customers should read, hopefully BEFORE you purchase a Nook...

I'd love to get some feedback from a BN Supervisor. What exactly are the requirements for becoming a Nook support Agent. I'm guessing it's just a pulse.

THREE chat sessions were disconnected as soon as digital Support entered the chat. Now I'm in chat with "Diana".The THREE minute wait she said I'd have while she "Checked some info" has now turned into 17 minutes, and now I'm told yet AGAIN, that I need to contact another department..

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING PURCHASING A NOOK, PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF SOME HEARTACHE AND DON'T. FIRST UNIT BAD STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. SECOND ONE LASTED 3 WEEKS, AND NOW BN HAS HAD IT, SUPPOSEDLY IN THEIR SERVICE DEPARTMENT FOR LONGER THAN I WAS ABLE TO USE BOTH OF MY UNITS COMBINED.

For BN Supervisor:

If you care, even just the tiniest bit, you'll contact me via email. This ridiculous chat/support will be posted here shortly.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Re: ALL BN Customers should read, hopefully BEFORE you purchase a Nook...

[ Edited ]

So, are you just here to complain, or do you actually want some help with whatever issue you have?  Cuz if you want help, you'll need to tell us what the problem is.

And FYI - Don't post your chat.  It's obnoxious, and will make people here less likely to want to help you.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

[ Edited ]

This is a user forum so it's highly unlikely any supervisor is going to even read this. I would imagine with the update and the rise in sales this past week due to the lower pricing, that customer support is overloaded with calls so waits for help are definitely going to be the norm for awhile. Just the nature of the beast. THough I've always had good luck with CS, that doesn't seem to be the norm. Other options to try, there's the online chat support you could try or you could try PMing Alex the moderator of this forum. He might be albe to help figure out how to help you get your unit in a timely manner.

edit: oops didn't realize you had tried chat support. I have noticed though that support is always more helpful if you are polite. The less polite, the less helpful they seem to be.

New User
Ruwiten7
0 Kudos

This info is more valuable to folks considering spending hard earned bucks on an eReader. Don't really care about speaking with a supervisor, but I'm going to ensure that I get the word out anywhere I'm able. All I'm doing anywhere I post is conveying my personal experience, which will become anyone's experience should they purchase, but I DO appreciate your response :smileyhappy:
New User
Ruwiten7
0 Kudos

Oh, and I'm always polite when a need arises to contact support, being rude gets you nowhere in a hurry. My post simply shows my frustration...
New User
Ruwiten7
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Not seeking assistance from forum users, unless you have the special button it would take to initiate BN's shipment of a Nook that supposedly is ready to ship. Other than that, yes, I am just here to complain. It seems to have gotten YOUR attention; but I really want to inform folks that haven't made their choice, or purchase, yet.

As far as posting a "Support" chat being obnoxious, it's merely a preview of what anyone contacting "Support" should expect.

keriflur

[ Edited ]

Ruwiten7 wrote:

Not seeking assistance from forum users, unless you have the special button it would take to initiate BN's shipment of a Nook that supposedly is ready to ship.

So... your entire problem is that you ordered a nook and it hasn't shipped yet?

New User
Ruwiten7
0 Kudos

Not the issue at all, but the initial issue really doesn't matter. My post reflected my frustration with "Support", their multiple transfers, their "having to look some info up", etc. Prospective purchaser's should know what they're in for and perhaps spend a few bucks more wisely than I. I only WISH I had read a post similar to mine before my purchase. Cheers...
Mercury_Glitch

So lets see, you don't like them trying to get you to the best person for the task at hand.  You don't like them trying to verify information so that, if your Nook was stolen whoever stole it wouldn't be able to do a whole lot.  You also don't seem to like communicating in a pleasant manner as every post of yours in this thread has come off as being smug and condescending despite numerous attempts from forum users to assist you.  Mind they aren't being paid to do so either.

Go buy a Kindle or a Kobo and discover the joy that their CS can be. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
New User
Ruwiten7
0 Kudos

Did we read the same post? Not seeking assistance from any forum user, sharing my opinion. My my, don't we all just get fired up. THAT, my friend, was smug and condescending. Now, if only I were able to evoke a response from BN; perhaps even motivate them to just place that refurbished product I was promised in exchange for the brand new one that I had in my possession for less time than it's now been in their service department, we'd be getting somewhere. Please stay in touch...
keriflur

[ Edited ]

Ruwiten7 wrote:
Now, if only I were able to evoke a response from BN

:smileyindifferent:

Regular forum members can probably guess what I'm thinking.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Anyone interested in buying a device will read many positive things here as well..The only thing they will get from your complaint is that others offered to help, you refused....you didn't want help, just to gripe, you said so yourself. We all get frustrated, but we try to not take it out on each other.

once again..this forum is a USER forum

Just griping? Contact BN, not us. I have kids if I want to listen to it, I'll get them riled up.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

Ruwiten7 wrote:
Now, if only I were able to evoke a response from BN

:smileyindifferent:

Regular forum members can probably guess what I'm thinking.

Great minds think alike Keriflur!

Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik

Your experience is not the norm. I'm amazed that after all my years of tech support people are shocked at how long it takes and that they isn't a quick fix. It takes time and depending on the experience of your particular support person, it could take more or less time. In order for support person to help they need to understand everything you are experiencing and sometimes they need to consult a supervisor. I have had a Nook since B&N put their first one out there. Their tech support is no worse than anyone else. Deep breath and get over it.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

Ruwiten7 wrote:
... that I had in my possession for less time than it's now been in their service department, we'd be getting somewhere. Please stay in touch...

Barnes & Noble doesn't have a service department.

keriflur
0 Kudos

Ya_Ya wrote:

Ruwiten7 wrote:
... that I had in my possession for less time than it's now been in their service department, we'd be getting somewhere. Please stay in touch...

Barnes & Noble doesn't have a service department.

Yep, and when they do an exchange they send the replacement device out before you send in your broken device.  And the OP won't say what the problem was.  IMO it all sounds very shady.

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

And while this thread is lacking in the typical 'I'M GONNA BUY A KINDLE!" the OP did bring that up in another post.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

This is an incorrect assumption:  

All I'm doing anywhere I post is conveying my personal experience, which will become anyone's experience should they purchase,

Yes, there are always a small number of people who have a horrid experience. It's the exception.

Correspondent
FulltimeRVer

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

And while this thread is lacking in the typical 'I'M GONNA BUY A KINDLE!" the OP did bring that up in another post.

No, but it does contain the typical "Go buy a Kindle" advice usually offered to unhappy NOOK owners.

I follow both the NOOK and Kindle user forums.  They have several strong similarities: occasional rants by unhappy users, extreme defensiveness on the part of the regular contributors, and frequent references to he alleged shortcomings of the competing device.

Dave
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

I"m not sure it's extreme defensiveness on our part as much as irritation that we offered help and were told no thanks. We all understand frustration here, been there, done that. To rant a bit about it is something many of us (including me) have done as well. However, our objective when we do so remains getting help to solve our problems. When someone comes here frustrated and upset, we get it, we offer to help because we've been there and many of us (usually not me) can offer solutions to help alleviate that frustration. I still might jump in just to reassure the person that someone is reading this and that someone cares that they are frustrated.

But to be told flat out, "I don't want your help, see ya later" and in a rude manner..that's a slap in the face.

I'm sure this was his intention, but please...Don't mistake that we reacted because he dissed the product or BN's CS....but because he dissed US.