Correspondent
SkipperT
0 Kudos

Adobe supporting flash again?

I got a pop-up window on my Mac desktop from Adobe offering an upgrade to Flash if I would only download it.  This must be a scam, right? - as we have all been told (rather emphatically) that Adobe does NOT support Flash.  Is my reasoning correct, or do I too need updating?

A man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't read. - Mark Twain (paraphrased)
Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

Re: Adobe supporting flash again?

Adobe supports Flash.  Adobe does not support Flash for mobile devices including tablets.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Ok, I realize this is symantics, but Adobe produces Flash.

Macintosh and Windows support Flash

iOS does not support Flash, it was a Steve thing, he stated that everything in Flash could be done in HTML 5

Android mostly does not support Flash.

There you have it, Flash and who and what supports it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

[ Edited ]

Davan wrote:

Ok, I realize this is symantics, but Adobe produces Flash.

Macintosh and Windows support Flash

iOS does not support Flash, it was a Steve thing, he stated that everything in Flash could be done in HTML 5

Android mostly does not support Flash.

There you have it, Flash and who and what supports it.

This is about as accurate as the previous statements.  The whole story is a bit more complicated.

In late 2011, Adobe said this: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396093,00.asp

Adobe then decided to pull support for flash on mobile (no more updates) and pull flash from the Play App Store last summer: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2408526,00.asp

Because of the lack of future development or updates to mobile flash, and the increasing likelihood of issues on unsupported versions of Android, most app developers have decided to no longer support flash.

So it's not Android that does not support mobile flash, it is the app developers and Adobe.