Contributor
heavenlyAF
0 Kudos

African American titles

A coworker of mine is interested in the nc. She asked if there were many AA books available.  I have no idea.  Does anyone read them and if so can you direct me to the place where they are and if there are any free ones.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: African American titles

heavenlyAF wrote:

A coworker of mine is interested in the nc. She asked if there were many AA books available.  I have no idea.  Does anyone read them and if so can you direct me to the place where they are and if there are any free ones.

The best bet is to have your co-worker go to the main B&N website and click on the NOOK Books tab and scan through the options on the left side of the page. Just browse around the various topics that are already in e-book form.

As per free books, there are just too many places to name outside of the B&N lists and 0.00 searches. Inkmesh.com is a good place to search for books and also has a free books button.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Frequent Contributor
slowpoke59
0 Kudos

There are plenty of African American Titles with BN.  Go to search and plug in African American.  There are not a lot of freebies, but there are many titles that almost cost you nothing.  Try your public library also.  The African American Titles are not as abundant as the others, but I have seen a big influx of available titles in recent months.:smileyhappy:

Reader 2
402Natural
0 Kudos

There are several on B&N to be purchased just have to do some creative searching. I have found several free books !

Remove the kinnks from your brain not your hair !
Distinguished Correspondent
KindleMichelle
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Brenda Jackson's Spontaneous, which is a Harlequin Blaze, is on sale for .86.

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”
~Oscar Wilde
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

Also, an important reminder for everyone.  You can do a search on the BN website for DTBs that have the subject matter you are interested in.  It will show if a title is available as a NOOKbook as well.  If it isn't, there is a link you can hit to tell the publisher you want it in ebook format.  That way for the AA books that may be in short supply digitally, publishers will get the idea that people want more of that content.

This may also give BN the idea that they can help to do more.  In non-fiction DTBs there is a subject for African Americans, so that is a starting place (but non-fiction only).  You have to get to the bottom of the subject list and hit the "See All Subjects" list and it will then show available categories-African Americans is at the top of non-fiction and then within it are all kinds of subjects-bios and so on.  And, you can select "ebooks" just to see the specific ebooks available.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

You might be interested in this thread:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKbook-Discussion/African-American-reading-Nook-friends-con...

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Frequent Contributor
Mela08
0 Kudos

There are plenty.  Many of her favorites are probably available including Carl Weber, Eric Jerome Dickey, and E Lynn Harris.

Contributor
foxyTF
0 Kudos

yes