Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

Re: All In On Nook

The lens cleaner sounds doable along with a cloth. I'll give that a try. I HATE when my devices look like crap. I'm crazy that way. 

Bibliophile
laurieb52

[ Edited ]

There is a bug in the wish list feature though. If when you access your wish list, you only get spinning circles, go to all settings, tap on applications, then tap on shop, then tap on "clear recently viewed list". You should then be able to access your wish list. You will likely have to do this whenever you want to access the wish list; I find the workaround usually lasts for a day, then needs cleared again. 

Some have to tap on the "clear recent shop searches" button instead to bring up their wish list.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

Well I certainly hope they're planning on fixing that soon.      As I get this Nook to where I want it to be, I am liking it more and more. I am also finding that I definitely am happy I made the decision to go with one device. It just gets to cumbersome going back and forth, and having one device that does pretty much everything you need is very nice. I also got exactly what I wanted - a tablet that is first and foremost an eReader but which will give me a lot of the functionality of a full tablet.  In that regard I will put it above my beloved Kindle Fire HD so at this point I can say I am happy with my decision to come over to the Nook side of life.  :smileyhappy:

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,874
0 Kudos

If that thing still happening? I used to have that issue but it hasn't shown up since 2.1.1 for me.

It still takes a bit to load, but it doesn't freeze anymore.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Yeah, still happening for me...

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Contributor
BassmanMT
0 Kudos

Re: iRoller for screen cleaner

For a screen cleaner: Research the iRoller. It is a bit pricy, but I want to buy these by the crate and sell them on street corners and Farmer's Markets. It is amazing. It is TSA safe, too.

I researched screenprotectors because my Nook cover has a rotating holder mechanism and the cover was leaving marks on the glass. I got an Armorsuit cover for the HD+ and the ASUS Transformer while I was shopping for misc stuff. I have installed the Nook protector and it works great, doesn't seem to have impacted my screen image quality, doesn't interfere with the use or touch.

I also ordered and tested two different styluses (styli?) and like having one micro-fiber and one rubber.

I had a big Amazon shopping day.

Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So I did go out and get some of the eye glass cleaner and that certainly seems to work better. Thanks for that. On the negative side, why is it that this darn Twitter app refuses to open and it's the freakin Nook version that came on it for pete's sake! I hate having apps on my device that don't work. Call me crazy.  Fortunately I have a far better Twitter app (Tweet Pro)

Correspondent
dandelion_cottage
0 Kudos

Does the iRoller work if you already have a protective film on your screen? It looks like a great device.
BassmanMT wrote:

For a screen cleaner: Research the iRoller. It is a bit pricy, but I want to buy these by the crate and sell them on street corners and Farmer's Markets. It is amazing. It is TSA safe, too.

Inspired Contributor
BassmanMT
0 Kudos

I still use the iRoller, even though I installed an ArmorShield. However, instead of using it nearly every day, with the shield I don't get as much gunk on there and I roller it about once every week, now. Still like the iRoller and I want my school to buy a bunch for the iPad classroom. Those get pretty ugly by the end of the day, and we teach adults.