New User
Droid-MustangGirl
0 Kudos

Re: Android for Nook sd card

Will the Android for Nook work on my Nook Snow HD? Ijust want to make sure before i spend my money on it.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Hi Droid-Mustang

Based on the discussions at various threads - it will.

However,

1) You should search for 'Android for Nook' and 'Nook for Android' and confirm what users are saying.

2) At the website you should make sure you get the one that works for Nook HD.

Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Does this affect the warranty on your NOOK? Also can you go back to the original NOOK settings if you so wish or is this permanent?
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

CNUcrazy09 wrote:
Does this affect the warranty on your NOOK? Also can you go back to the original NOOK settings if you so wish or is this permanent?

The SD cards would not affect the warranty terms (as long as you don't overclock the processor, but there's less reason to overclock the HD than the Tablet). They should not modify the internal settings ~ remove the card, or reboot and boot off the internal flash, and its a stock Nook HD.

Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Part my lack of technical knowledge but what does overclock the processor mean?
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

CNUcrazy09 wrote:
Part my lack of technical knowledge but what does overclock the processor mean?

Processors run at a specific number of cycles per second. At one time, that was determined by a hardware circuit, but running at a slower speed results in less battery drain, so in modern tablets, the clock speed under different conditions are controlled by special circuitry that is under the control of the system.

"overclocking" is setting the processor to run faster than the speed the device was designed for. The Nook HD has a fast enough processor under its factory settings that its not such a big deal as it was for people wanting to use the Nook Color as a general purpose tablet.