Contributor
adunofaiur

Angry Birds Not Installing?

Oh Angry Birds. It's a great mobile game, but in order to install it on your Nook Color you need to remove the SD card. I have no idea why, but it failed to install five times in a row until I removed the SD card.

P.S- You can always pop it back in once you've installed Angry Birds.

New User
emmiesays
0 Kudos

Re: Angry Birds Not Installing?

Awesome! I was wondering why it wouldn't install. This fixed the problem right away. I guess we'll be seeing an update for that lol, I hope anyway. It wouldbe a bit annoying to have to remove the sd card just to install apps :smileyhappy: thanks for the post!
New User
lazyimbecile
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey this really helped me out a lot, such a simple solution. just wanted to say thanks!

New User
DarkShim
0 Kudos

adunofaiur wrote:

Oh Angry Birds. It's a great mobile game, but in order to install it on your Nook Color you need to remove the SD card. I have no idea why, but it failed to install five times in a row until I removed the SD card.

P.S- You can always pop it back in once you've installed Angry Birds.

Just wanted to say thank you for this information. For a split second, I had contemplated that was the issue and then blew it off. I should have stuck to my instinct. Regardless, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for posting this.
Cheers!
-DS

New User
Heather_Kinn
0 Kudos

Contributor
mdbezz
0 Kudos

Thanks so much as by taking out the card, it installed fine. Pain-in-the-neck but all is working fine now.

Frequent Contributor
DJ_Boxer
0 Kudos

I know that this is solved, but I just want to add my 2cents.  For some reason I was able to install Angry Birds with my MicroSD card in my Nook Colour(Which was inside it even during the OTA update to 1.2).  I don't know why it happened but it happened. 

DJ

Contributor
JohnBike
0 Kudos

I am old enough to remember the old B&W tv sets that you kicked or banged with your fist when the screen went goofy. Removing and/or re-inserting the NC's SD card is the 21st Century equivalent. The same goes for my cell phone, laptop, desktop, even the #@!+* Cuisinart. Fiddle with it and retry and - VOILA! - it mysteriously starts working again.

This phenomenon is the reason so many of us believe in Area 51, perpetual motion, and Shirley MacLaine's ghosts.

Frequent Contributor
pjafla
0 Kudos

JohnBike wrote:

I am old enough to remember the old B&W tv sets that you kicked or banged with your fist when the screen went goofy. Removing and/or re-inserting the NC's SD card is the 21st Century equivalent. The same goes for my cell phone, laptop, desktop, even the #@!+* Cuisinart. Fiddle with it and retry and - VOILA! - it mysteriously starts working again.

This phenomenon is the reason so many of us believe in Area 51, perpetual motion, and Shirley MacLaine's ghosts.

I remember that some of my early PCs could also be fixed with a hard slap on the side of the case or by opening them and pressing down on the ICs to make sure that heat expansion had not loosened them in their sockets. (Sockets? What is a socket?)