Contributor
rbrenart
0 Kudos

Any one actually get their $5 credit?

I bought the nook glow yesterday, received my $5 credit email. But no $5. 

After 30 minutes on online chat I received a "that offer doesn't exist, I suggest you contact the store where you purchased it".

Just wondering if any one has actually received it.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

Re: Any one actually get their $5 credit?

I got mine nearly immediately. Did you check the gift cards on your nook account? It should ha e automatically been added.
Contributor
rbrenart
0 Kudos

Yep, total balance $0.00. Weird that I got the email but not the credit, even weirder that their support says the offer doesn't exist.
Frequent Contributor
Larryb52
0 Kudos

didn't get an e-mail or the credit...

Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

I got the email and decided to test it by eactually buying something. The charge to my debit card was about the cost minus the $5 so I guess I'm good. Got the email as soon as I connected to my wifi. Pretty quick.

Inspired Correspondent
Htom_Serveaux
0 Kudos

Got two of the NSTs while the $59 offer was on. Got the $5 e-mail both times, never actually got any $5 credits, though.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

rbrenart wrote:

I bought the nook glow yesterday, received my $5 credit email. But no $5. 

After 30 minutes on online chat I received a "that offer doesn't exist, I suggest you contact the store where you purchased it".

Just wondering if any one has actually received it.

Bought the Nook last night.  Got the email about the credit when I got home.  Already spent it.  It was in with my gift cards. 

Had to delete the existing gift card to get the system to use it first, but that was okay because I still had the gift card so I could add it back.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

I just ordered a book assuming I would get the credit automatically. I did not get credit for this book. Sad!
Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

TXAnnie wrote:
I just ordered a book assuming I would get the credit automatically. I did not get credit for this book. Sad!

I recently took advantage of the HD sale to pick a second one (for my wife if I can get her to switch from her original Kindle) and got the $5.00 credit. I immediately bought Steven King's "Wind Through The Keyhole" and the online order showed full price. I was mildly upset :smileymad:. But when the charge showed up on my bank's website, it reflected the credit. So, check the bank statement. You might be pleasantly surprised like I was! Got my fingers and toes and eyes crossed for you!

Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

I'd say that was accurate. I didn't even look to see what the order reflected, just went straight to my bank's web site and verified it. Good to go.
Correspondent
yarnmama
0 Kudos

I bought my NGL in the morning at my local store. I didn't even know about the $5 credit until I got the email. I checked my account at the BN website and the credit was in the gift cards section. I already spent mine. :smileyhappy: 

The book I bought was 5.99 and the card was only charged the .99 plus the sales tax. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

Thank you all. I will check it. That does make sense!
Contributor
IowaAuntie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
At first I didn't think I got the credit, but I did. My card was billed for less.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

I suspect some folks may have issues if you have 3 gift cards on your Nook account before registering the new Nook. 

It may be possible to get it to show up by removing one of the gift cards (make sure you have the physical card still so you can add it again).  As has been noted you probably should remove all gift cards since B&N doesn't give you the option to pick which one. 

To remove them just login at bn.com and go to account - manage gift cards.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Contributor
rbrenart
0 Kudos

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

I suspect some folks may have issues if you have 3 gift cards on your Nook account before registering the new Nook. 

It may be possible to get it to show up by removing one of the gift cards (make sure you have the physical card still so you can add it again).  As has been noted you probably should remove all gift cards since B&N doesn't give you the option to pick which one. 

To remove them just login at bn.com and go to account - manage gift cards.

0 to start, 0 to finish. Customer support over the phone at least acknowledged I should get the $5, though they weren't able to grant it. They said to monitor my email, they're having some one look into it.

Correspondent
lindajm22
0 Kudos

I had an email with the $5 credit by the time I got home from the store, but I didn't have to do anything because I also had the $5 credit in my gift cards which was visible on the unit by the time I had it all set up.  Bought my NGL last night and my credit was to expire on November 6th.  I already used it, easy peasy.

Inspired Contributor
emmyk
0 Kudos

I bought two devices at separate times and got two credits, according to the emails.  What I found was that when I bought something that cost more than $5, I didn't get any feedback that indicated that the credit was used. The confirmation screen showed the normal price of the book.  I sent mail to support, and they assured me that the credit had been used (but, again, didn't tell me any way to observe that it had.)   With the second card, I bought a book for *less* than $5, and the confirmation screen showed the price as 0.00 and said that the price had been deducted from my "gift card".  Then I bought another book whose price exceeded the remainder of the $5.  Once again, the confirmation screen showed the full price of the book, and didn't mention a gift card.  *However*, I just got my CC bill, and the prices were all correctly resolved to reflect the credits.  So, in my case, if I bought an item whose price was more than the amount of the credit, I didn't see an indication of the reduction until I got my CC bill.  If I bought *less* than the amount of the credit, it was immediately indicated at the time of the sale.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Got an email shortly after I registered it telling me about the credit & that I had five days to use it. When I went online to check my account, it was there under Gift Cards.

Correspondent
lindajm22
0 Kudos

I have an interesting situation....as I mentioned, I purchased a new Nook Glowlight last Friday and got my $5.00 credit, which I used right away.  But I had to exchange the original unit the next day because it had several of those bright glow holes on the screen, so I returned the original one and repurchased another unit at the same time.  When I got home I had another $5.00 gift card credit on my NGL :smileyfrustrated:  I am thinking they will catch up with what happened and revoke the second credit so I am not using it....yet.

And as it turns out, the second NGL also has a bright glow hole, so apparently they haven't fixed that problem yet.  I don't know if I should return it or keep it.  I can only see it at a sharp angle, not while reading.  Maybe I should return it an get another $5.00 credit, for all my trouble :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Where on the device are the holes you're seeing?  There are lights under the top lip of the screen but those are meant to show which is why you need to tilt it so sharply to see them.  If they're on the screen itself that's another issue.

I only ask as it's the first I've heard of it, and want to stay ahead of the problem.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.