Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Any way out of Nook Friends?

When I got my first Nook, I logged into/registered for Nook Friends.  It trawled my FB friends, came up with a few and nothing much happened.   No one uses it; no one adds new books to it.  The problem to me is that my NST now has four of these people's face and the books each of them was reading a year ago on the home page.  I want them to go away.  I can't find a setting that would allow me to opt out of that and into even whatever B&N thinks I should be reading. so is there any way to curtail being in Nook Friends?  To unfriend every one so no one is on my home page?  Someone suggested the dramatic de-register/re-register, but I think it would just re-populate the "friends."    

Bibliophile
Schwa

Re: Any way out of Nook Friends?

[ Edited ]

Up at the top of this page click(or tap) "My Nook"

Above the "My Library" title frame, click "Friends"

On the left, click "NOOK Friends"

Delete everybody listed here.

(this all assumes being logged in)

I think NOOK friends auto-adds these folks if your facebook account is input into the device settings, you may want to unlink the device.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Very odd--when I go to My Nook, I only have one friend there--and she isn't any of the faces on my NST! Can I un-link the NST from FB without un-linking it from my HD+?  I do used the FB app on the HD+.

Correspondent
lindajm22

On my NSTG, in the Social settings, there is a checkbox at the bottom there that allows auto-friending which automatically adds facebook friends as Nook friends if they also use the app.  You should uncheck that box, then go into your Nook Friends on the device and you can delete them there.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

thanks Linda Jim. I didn't know that.

I don't get the Friends Face thing. However, it's good to know there's an auto-add friends setting you can turn off.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

I was so hopeful upon reading your post. Did the whole unlink FB thing; but found that the only Nook friend I have is NOT one of the ones whose face is on my NST.  I have ghosts of Friends who haven't read anything new in a year, and they are permanently haunting my NST!

New User
THESELF-TAUGHTCOOK
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar problem.  The Home page on my Nook shows the activity of a friend whom I do not know.  When I logged on here to delete the friend, there are no friends listed.  Anyone know what I should do?

Thanks-

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

Here's what I did (and it worked!) Went to Social setting and unlinked FaceBook.  Then did a full shut down (NOT a deregister/register!, just a full shut down.)  When it stated up again, faces were gone, and I've got the B&N top 100.  WAY better!  Thank you to all here who advised me AND the very helpful young lady at our local store.  (Help one cannot get from the filks who make Kindle.)