Contributor
Flamberge
0 Kudos

Any word on Manga for Nook Tablet?

Now that there is going to be a large amount of featured comics on Nook, will we finally see a good selection of manga in the shop?

I'm a huge manga reader and love the experience of digitally reading manga on my Nook. It would be nice if now that so many comics are becoming available I could start purchasing manga straight from my e-reader! While reading fan-translated scans is all well and good, being able to support the manga industry by purchasing official digital downloads would be a nice improvement.

Contributor
Mathias_TheNOOKsalesman
0 Kudos

Re: Any word on Manga for Nook Tablet?

Yes, it will support manga, right now I do not know how good the selection will be. I heard there will be exclusive for one of the manga
Contributor
Flamberge

That's good to know that it will at least support it. Hopefully it will catch on fast, and more and more publishers will jump on board so we have a wider selection! While it's true that B&N have to implement the products into the device, they also depend on the publishers to provide them with content. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

Distinguished Correspondent
MDD73
0 Kudos

Looking through the Nook Comics - Manga section on the B&N store there are several titles already available.  Don't know if any are what you're looking for, but they're there.

Contributor
Link2Hyrule
0 Kudos

I just took a look through the selection of available manga for NOOK and I have to say, they filled the library with a lot of "off the radar" stuff.  The only series I recognized as a popular title was "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya."  Well, I'm sure some of it's popular with some people, but I'm surprised they didn't put more popular and mainstream titles up like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos

Barnes and Noble and VIZ announced a few weeks ago that they will be partnering to bring VIZ's most popular titles to the NOOK... Including Naruto, etc.

Inspired Wordsmith
robotecture
0 Kudos
Distinguished Correspondent
Nerdgirljenn
0 Kudos

Woohoo!  I would love to get something like Shonen Jump on the Nook.  I used to subscibe, but would be more willing to pick it up again in digital form (you can run out of room).  My husband really, really likes Naratuo.

Anya's Ghost, though not manga, reminds me a lot like Shaman King (which I loved)...and seems well done, I think I want to pick that up too...

"The earth laughs in flowers."~Emerson
"Where there is love, there is life." ~Ghandi
Contributor
Link2Hyrule
0 Kudos

Ok, it seems that they're adding more titles to the Manga selection for NOOK, I was just browsing through and they currently have over 300 volumes, including Naruto, One Piece, Dragonball, Bleach, etc.  However, for Bleach, they have volume 50, but there are not 50 volumes in the selection.  It's almost like they added the series and then randomly added volumes to the list, cuz right now they're missing volumes 6 and 39-48.  Most of the other series seem complete or up-to-date, except One Piece, which has 64 as the latest volume but only 63 volumes listed.  Don't know why they would randomly add volumes instead of adding them in in numerical order, but that seems to be what they're doing.