Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Anyone else having issue managing subscriptions

So, I got a free NST awhile back in a deal to subscribe to the NYT for a year. 

I just wanted to check to see when I'd subscribed.  Can't seem to do it.  I can find the individual NYT issues, though I've archived all but one now.  But there is no option to cancel. 

I've tried going to My Account - Account Settings - Manage Subscriptions.  And MyNooK and finding the NYT in my library.

Both actions lead to my Nook library online, which only has the one NYT issue that wasn't archived and various books.  No option to cancel anything.

Just spent a bit chatting with a "vicky" who while kind and all, did not ultimately solve my issue.  She also 'hung up' on me because I didn't respond fast enough when she had apparently decided my issue was not something she could help with.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else having issue managing subscriptions

Here's a Cnet article, that shows the offer was good through March 9th of last year, so I would assume that the annual date for you would be fairly soon.

I believe that the cancel button is indeed hidden for that subscription deal, and this is to hold you to your subscription so you can't back out of it and just have a free Nook.  I would assume that the cancel button would reappear once your obligation is fulfilled.  Too bad Vicky didn;t let you talk to a supervisor, I bet they would know or be able to find out for sure...

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Yeah, I know it's soon.  Just seem to recall being able to try and cancel it before.  Ah well, this is what work is for; calling store support and getting the answer while getting paid for solve my own problem!

I suspect you're probably right.  Though I recall the offer had a clause saying if you backed out you'd pay the remaining balance toward the Nook.  Maybe it just got too low for B&N.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

The subscription was for a year ,,, I checked mine and my first issue was on 1/9/2012. If you open the newspaper in your library it tells you how o cancel To cancel this subscription, contact us toll-free at 1-800-843-2665 to speak with a representative (use 201-559-3882 if calling from outside the US). I'm debating on canceling it myself...
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Apparently I was able to archive the item that generates the subscription. 

Why that's even possible when it itself is not a book, magazine, newspaper, or app, but rather an information point, I don't know. 

However once you pointed that out, I checked archived and went all the way to the end.  I'll be canceling the subscription at work.  A little pay back for the questionable CS I was given, and the poor CS over the Nook download issue everyone was given over the last two days.