Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: App GeoBee Challenge Not really free

MagicMalory wrote:
That is where we are seeing the charge. On our bn account and credit card account. She was saying there is no discount/charge back on both.

That's what I thought that there's no charge back, but are you actually looking at the order itself or just the screen that lists all orders?  This has not happened to me with anything that is free.  On the order it shows a one cent fee and then the discount, so I assume it happens right away and so nothing is charged at all.  But, then I have over 600 books and a great many were free from BN.  I've also never seen this on any free apps I've gotten.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Frequent Contributor
lilsmartie
0 Kudos

Reply from CS

Thank you for your email regarding the $0.01 charge on your free NOOK 
App order.

We are aware of this problem and are working diligently to resolve it. 
Please check back often as we hope to correct this situation shortly.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have 
caused.

Contributor
MagicMalory
0 Kudos

Yes, I looked at the full order. It's the first place I looked when I realized I'd been charged.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

@MagicMalory, I was just making sure I explained it well, because I seem to often not do so. As a previous poster pointed out this is apparently a glitch. Just never happened to me yet.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Reader
CvilleReader
0 Kudos

Oh my god people, we're talking about a PENNY here!!  If you were charged $10.00 by mistake I'd worry about it...not a penny though. 

Frequent Contributor
lilsmartie
0 Kudos

This one is a penny but someone else was looking at a $7.99 charge for a free friday book!

Kate

Reader 2
username4nook
0 Kudos

Had it happen with Bibliophile, which is in my archives now.

Reader 2
username4nook
0 Kudos

1 penny x many users x a small proportion of a large number of downloads...can't figure out what's wrong yet?

ever see Office Space?