Frequent Contributor
sailspirit
0 Kudos

App for B&N Free Friday book

Please consider an app for the B&N Free Friday book!  I must be incompetent, yet every Friday I have challenge finding this book via B&N Books, shop, search and on this great B&N NT forum. Thank you!

Wordsmith
daenas

Re: App for B&N Free Friday book

If you have Facebook then add Nook.  https://www.facebook.com/nook  They always show the free friday book and it's much easier to go from there.

Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

sailspirit wrote:

Please consider an app for the B&N Free Friday book!  I must be incompetent, yet every Friday I have challenge finding this book via B&N Books, shop, search and on this great B&N NT forum. Thank you!

also just saying but there is a free app in the bn app store that is called Book Buddy. Every friday it lists the free friday book first on the list of free books it has. Every week. You should try it out.
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa

Also, one of the default browser bookmarks is a link to the nook blog which has an announcement every weekday including free friday. (Click Browse Book Clubs up there at the top right now and scroll to the bottom to find it if you deleted the bookmark)
Contributor
BlueJayOR
0 Kudos

The Free Friday book from B&N showed in the shop on my Nooks this week! In "picked just for you" category. It had disappeared from the shop a couple months ago, so I always checked the B&N unbound forum for it on Fridays.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

BM...is there a search feature in the Book Buddy app??

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

BrassMonkey wrote:
also just saying but there is a free app in the bn app store that is called Book Buddy. Every friday it lists the free friday book first on the list of free books it has. Every week. You should try it out.

Thanks for bringing this up BrassMonkey.  I had seen this available before but never actually downloaded it.  So far I've found several free books that I downloaded.  If it's able to show the free fridays selection as well, that would be a big plus.  I always find myself poking around the site trying to find it.  If anyone is interested, there is a free fridays link that shows the current (and past) selections.  I've ended up just bookmarking it...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/bg-p/Unbound/label-name/free%20fridays

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Doreenpv wrote:

BM...is there a search feature in the Book Buddy app??

yeah i believe there is a search. Once you are in the app click on the bottom circle with 3 horizontal lines in it. Near the n home button. Click on more then at the bottom it says search. Or click on all books at the top right and then search should be on the top right.

Contributor
DebAMI
0 Kudos

I think this is a great idea!:smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Thank you BM :smileyhappy:

New User
ZoeMorgan
0 Kudos

Couldn't even find the free book buddy app.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Just search for 'free books buddy app' in the store. It'll be one of the first few results.

Or tap on one of the links below in my signature. Then tap on '5ivedom' right below the app name on that page which opens up. Then it'll show Free Books Buddy on that page.