0 Kudos

Re: Apps Wishlist

Word with Friends.

Calender that syncs

Reader 4
Kristy1984
0 Kudos

Overdrive, Netflix, Dropbox (But I heard we can download directly from the website now), Facebook, ADE (which I personally dislike), an app that lets us know when a book on our wishlist has dropped in price.

I also wish the wishlist would sync with the wishlist on our NC. That way I could delete some that say "purchased". I also hope they fix the Authors app and let us pick the ones we want. Also add in something like fictfact does.

I do have a question... When I add sideloaded books to my SD card, they don't show up in my library. Is there a way to do this? I like seeing my covers.

Contributor
khfbornholm
0 Kudos

I'll mostly be echoing what others have said, but.... For general use: Calendar that syncs with Google Calendar Google Contacts for email Graphing Calculator app (TI-83/84/85 emulator, there's some good ones out there on Android already) Work related apps: Telnet client SSH client Network tools, ie ping, tracert, what's my IP, etc. From the looks of things, the entertainment related apps are getting a lot of support, and many already appear in the current apps, so I have nothing to add there.
New User
chubby_choco
0 Kudos

While we're adding things to the wishlist:  Pocket Frogs!  I love animal sims, and the only ones they currently have are for children.

Contributor
GreenVerde82
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My app wishlist: Netflix, Facebook, instant messaging, Overdrive, Iheartradio, A movie times app, Blogger app, Shopping list app ...more games.

-Being honest begins with being it with yourself.
-The mind is like a mirror with which you are viewing yourself, the question is whether the mirror is a fun house mirror or a regular mirror. Either way the reflection is always slightly off.
Frequent Contributor
philoso4
0 Kudos

Calendar that syncs with google.

Amazon cloud player

Reader 4
hornetlady
0 Kudos

I just bought color nooks for my library and would love to see more educational apps for high school students.

Reader 2
dsr314
0 Kudos

Words with Friends

A free calculator (come on, even my mid-nineties palm pilot had a built in calc)

Expand the built in dictionary. If I can highlight a word to lookup, why can't I type one in to lookup. Going to dictionary.com is OK, but annoying when you have to fist turn on wifi, etc.

Frequent Contributor
snugelkin
0 Kudos

Gps
~}i{~ I am just a Raggety Ann Doll in a Barbie Doll world! ~}i{~
Contributor
Shome
0 Kudos

Besides the standard requests for netflix, dropbox and a calendar that symcs with google, I would like

1.  HP 12c or 15c calculator

2. scrabble

3. Tunein radio

4. Truecrypt security

5. Remember the milk

Frequent Contributor
MariaR
0 Kudos

I would like the other two Angry Birds apps seasons and Rio any chances on that beings Rovio has all ready done Angry Birds for the NC.

And what is Overdrive?

Frequent Contributor
knit1cat2
0 Kudos

You should add after Graucho Marx "unless you have a nook color" ROFL
Contributor
sneak

Springpad is an ok free app, although a calendar feature is glaringly absent.  Your Springpad account is accessible anywhere you have web access, and items you add are available both offline on the NC and online, after auto sync.  There's an alarm (I haven't tried it yet) and shopping/packing/checklist features, as well as tasks and notes, etc.  I use both task and list features regularly.

In Springpad, you can add an event that syncs with your NC.  It has limited usefulness on the NC itself, as appointments show up only in list form, not in an actual calendar format.  Be sure to sort the list on date, or it's completely useless.  You can also add events that sync with your google calendar, per http://blog.springpadit.com/2010/03/sync-your-springpad-events-with-google-calendar/.  Springpad creates an entirely new google calendar called springpad (clever, eh), and events you add will sync both directions.  It's far from ideal, but I suppose it's something, as it does sync and it's free.  I can make it work for now.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the SpringPad tips.  I'll give some of them a try.

- Mark

Reader 4
lucyloo34
0 Kudos

Please, please:  Bible by You Version.  I want to take my Nook with me to Church, and since several different version of the Bible are used while I am there, it is so nice to be able to switch to different versions instead of taking several Bibles with me!  Have this on my iphone and love it, but I bought the Nook to READ, and the Bible is #1 on my list.  Anything else would be gravy!  Just sayin'!

Correspondent
MuseK
0 Kudos

Cozi apps
Contributor
GustavSeal
0 Kudos

Totally agree - the Amazon Kindle app would be awesome! :-D
Contributor
KevinMA
0 Kudos

I would like a depth of field calculator (I use DSLR to take photos and it would be handy to have)

Sync with google calendar

Do you think anyone from B&N actually reads any of this and then takes notes??

And there was Nookcolor :smileyhappy:

...Running Honeycomb from Mirco SD and dual Boot!

Sweet!
New User
deanPA
0 Kudos

Words with Friends

Frequent Contributor
Puppy_Dad
0 Kudos

I would like to have:

Netflix