Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

Re: Apps Wishlist

KevinMA wrote:

Do you think anyone from B&N actually reads any of this and then takes notes??

Kevin, in the past, while B&N staff did check in here when possible (Jeffrey's done a good job, but his primary interest was bug reports), whether things got passed on or not was probably hit or miss.  No one had taken on that responsibility. 

With Sam now acting as the new Community Manager, we can hope this situation is changing for the better.  Initial indications are promising.

- Mark

Contributor
MikeFS

The Nook Color really needs a sophisticated photo viewer like Fish Bowl Photo Gallery.  Something where you can sort photos into seperate folders or albums and specify the viewing order in a slide show.

In addition, the Power Down settings needs to be enhanced so that you can specify that the Nook Color never turns off when it is plugged in (currently the maximum is 1 hour).  That way you can use the Nook Color as a picture frame.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

MikeFS wrote:

the Power Down settings needs to be enhanced so that you can specify that the Nook Color never turns off when it is plugged in (currently the maximum is 1 hour).  That way you can use the Nook Color as a picture frame.

A simple and yet slick idea to extend its functionality.  I like it.  The NC definitely has a high-quality screen that would be excellent for this.  Could also increase sales of charging stands, and ensure it's fully charged whenever you grabbed it for mobile use.

- Mark

Contributor
TBird03
0 Kudos

Writepad from Handango

Thanks

Marty

Reader
twilliams965
0 Kudos

the amazon kindle app would be great. I would also like  a free weather and navigation app.

Contributor
Betsyfru

I would love to be able to get the new Weight Watchers Mobile app which is available in the Android Market. The Weight Watchers website doesn't work very well on my NC, the keyboard won't show to let me type in things, I can only choose foods from my favorites list and can't change the amounts (no keyboard...)

Frequent Contributor
DJ_Boxer
0 Kudos

I wrote this in the App area, I asked for solitaire app with pyramid golf as on option plus I also asked for a more adult friendly Wordsearch programme than the one they already have, like Wordsearch Unlimited.

DJ

New User
Askharr
0 Kudos

As many before me, I know this will be echoing a lot of previous posts but it's still a good way to get heard! :smileyhappy: :

Trillian

Netflix

Something akin to the Blowtorch and Mukluk apps for the Android

A browser that allows for multiple/tabbed windows like Firefox does

A way to watch TV shows on sites like abc.go.com

Correspondent
Glitchster
0 Kudos

More video content for Flashplayer

I would like to see apps for HBOgo.com Hulu.com Thanks for your time!
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy... so, take it easy..." the Eagles

... If knowledge is power, why do I have to keep recharging my ereader ?
Correspondent
Glitchster
0 Kudos

File Organization [App Suggestion]

After using new apps like Quickoffice & Evernote, a need for a file management app seemed tobe a useful utility. A good file utility in the form of Windows Explorer would be very handy in my opinion.
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy... so, take it easy..." the Eagles

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook

Re: File Organization [App Suggestion]

Another vote for Overdrive.  Used it for the iPad last night and it was so much easier to get a library book than using ADE.  And the fact that you don't need to be near a PC for it to work makes it perfect (you can even get library books when on vacation).

Reader 2
Panacea
0 Kudos

I want a music player that accesses my SD card for more than one song at a time. The built-in default one is utterly, atrociously, HORRIFICALLY bad. It would be awesome if WinAmp made a NOOK app.

And Trillian, too.

New User
russell14174
0 Kudos

Wish for Big kid apps not the constant kids apps!!! Also let us have an option of non kids apps.

I would really like to see the Word with Friends app plus any game that makes you think....Is there a trivia pursuit app?

Contributor
sneak
0 Kudos

Re: File Organization [App Suggestion]

A vote from me for Overdrive.  That's why I went Nook in the first place over Kindle, to read library books.  It seems redundant to have to haul around my laptop to download the library books, then move them to my NC.

New User
rileychris
0 Kudos

Words With Friends

Something to rent and watch movies offline (from Android Market?)

NetFlix

Amazon Cloud player

Continental Airlines App

Twitter

Pricing in line with Android and Ipad market. Everythign seems a bit more expensive for Nook Color. 

Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

App store needs more Carmen San Diego.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Correspondent
Glitchster
0 Kudos

Re: More video content for Flashplayer

HULU.COM & HBO.COM... PLEASE... PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

Frequent Contributor
snugelkin
0 Kudos

3G!
~}i{~ I am just a Raggety Ann Doll in a Barbie Doll world! ~}i{~
Contributor
GeeMon2010
0 Kudos

Comixology Comic Reader App.  One of the reasons I bought a Nook Color is to use it as a Comic Book reader and I'm disappointed I haven't seen any more progress towards this.

Inspired Correspondent
Rob_U
0 Kudos

My wishlist: PowerAmp - music player with a seven band graphic eq with profiles that can be saved. It makes music on the NC sound GREAT! AVG anti-virus for Android. NOOK reader for Android. Realistic page turning animation, and landscape mode. Yeah, I'm being sarcastic with this one. Rob