Reader
jonz_co
0 Kudos

Apps for Nook Simple Touch

Are there any?  I couldn't find an answer with a search.  The ones I was interested in were not for the Simple Touch. 

I was interested in a Sudoku on the Nook.

TIA - Bea

Correspondent
Byteguy

Re: Apps for Nook Simple Touch

Zero, none, zilch.

It's a reader.  Not a table.

(Yes, you can root it, void your warrenty, and force apps on but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

The first Nook had a couple apps: a stripped down browser, a sudoku game, and a chess game.  The market reasearch said the primary customer base for the simple reader didn't want those things, and a different customer base wanted a lot more, which they delivered with the Nook Color, and later Nook Tablet.

Reader
jonz_co

Thanks for the reply.  I wasn't looking for apps when I chose the Simple Touch, but then I was reading about them and wondered if there were any for the Simple Touch.  You answered that and gave me a little history which is always informative.

Bea

New User
CPFerraro
0 Kudos

Here's my question related to the simple touch reader. I have small children and would love to have an app that I can set it on where he can poke buttons without buying my half of the nook store in the process, plus something that would be fun for him too. I have a password on my purchases for such a situation, but I would love even a memo app or...or...any app to give my 3 year old boy a way to enjoy my nook when I show it to him.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

CPFerraro, you might want to look at buying a tablet device (like the Nook HD). The NST is an eReader. It's only point (unless rooted) is for reading.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

CPFerraro

I think there would be place for some simple games and a few simple apps.

The question is whether B&N thinks its worth the effort. I doubt it. For them it's a lot of effort to run a new app store, and the reward might not be worth it.