Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

Auto power adapter?

Could someone please point me to the automobile power charger/adapter for the Simple Touch? The only package with the cigar lighter adapter says it's for the Tablet. The only package that hints it is for the Simple Touch does not have the cigar receptacle adapter. It's a cable only.

The one for my Nook original doesn't work. The one for my Nook Color doesn't work. IOW, it's another whole unique package for the ST and the pakage doesn't seem to have all that's needed.

I can't imagine that B&N lets the designers get away with a unique power supply for each and every model.

Eric Johnson

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Auto power adapter?

The travel adapter I purchased from B&N had 1 adapter for the cigarette lighter and 2 cords (1 for eInk and 1 for Color/Tablet).

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Toller wrote:

Could someone please point me to the automobile power charger/adapter for the Simple Touch? The only package with the cigar lighter adapter says it's for the Tablet. The only package that hints it is for the Simple Touch does not have the cigar receptacle adapter. It's a cable only.

The one for my Nook original doesn't work. The one for my Nook Color doesn't work. IOW, it's another whole unique package for the ST and the pakage doesn't seem to have all that's needed.

I can't imagine that B&N lets the designers get away with a unique power supply for each and every model.

Eric Johnson

This page, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?sort=SA&view=grid&CAT=1025448, Nook Simple Touch  haves, lists a car charger.

Don't know why the original wouldn't work, I use the charger from my first Nook with the NST all the time, in fact I think the one that came with the NST is still in the box.

My cell phone car charger will charge my NST.

not that this should be the norm,  but until recently this was the norm for cell phone companies.  Until I got my smart phone, every cell phone I bought had a different charger.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

I use the same charger that came with my Blackberry.  Works just fine.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

I have a duracell 2 slot charger in my car.  I put the NST cable into one slot, pulled it under the floor and dashboard trim, and out one of the vents, and use that cable to charge my phone or whatnot.  (There's a cubby for stowing things in the center console of my dash.) 

I keep a couple of cables around for adding to the second slot to charge whatever else is in the car - I've charged the NC, the NST, the HD+ and when someone with an i-device has a cable, they can charge from it as well.  As long as the cable is good and the transformer puts out enough power, the device can use it.  I think the 2 slot I'm using is either 1 or 1.2 amp - a little light for the tablets, just right for the phone, more than the NST needs. 

If an NST isn't charging from a car outlet, sounds like the cable may need replacing? 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

>This page, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?sort=SA&view=grid&CAT=1025448, Nook Simple Touch  haves, lists a car charger.

No. It doesn't so far as I can see. It has a cable but is missing the plug-in to the automobile. The cable says it fits the tablet and nook color only. It's the end that fits into the Nook that seems different in every case.

>Don't know why the original wouldn't work, I use the charger from my first Nook with the NST all the time, in fact I think the one that came with the NST is still in the box.

I'll try the Nook original cord. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

Eric