Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67
0 Kudos

B&N subbed me to a magazine I do not want-can't get rid of it!

I recently got a Nook Color. LOVE IT. However I am very angry with B&N. They took it upon themselves to subscribe me to Parenting-The Early Years magazine, and won't let me unsub. I have clicked on Cancel Subscription over and over and over and it does NOTHING. I just get taken back to my library and the damned magazine is still there. I am not a parent and never will be because I am unable to have children. Having this magazine I never ordered keep showing up on my Nook Color is a slap in the face. I want it GONE. Why on earth do they think they have the right to subscribe people to magazines like this? When I click on "View Order" I get a page with a fake invoice. There is no order number, and the rest of the fields are filled in with "NaN"  I emailed CS and they'd better get this garbage off my account! Fortunately I am not being charged for it.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: B&N subbed me to a magazine I do not want-can't get rid of it!

Better to try calling CS. You may get an email, but it will probably tell you to call.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just because you unsubscribe to a magazine, the issue you received doesn't disappear. You need to archive or delete them, just like with books you don't want to keep. I tried Astronomy and my mother wanted to read an issue of National Geographic Traveler and I was able to keep the free issues.

Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

When you call customer support, it would help if you phrase your problem in reasonable terms rather than the extreme anger that you have used in your post.  Customer support reps are people too and deserve your respect if you want their help. 

SIGal67
0 Kudos

Apparently you didn't read my post! It will NOT let me unsubscribe. No matter how many times I click "Cancel subscription" it stays in my list of active subscriptions with no option to delete. 

SIGal67
0 Kudos

Droiddict, thank you for the condescending reply. I am a CS rep for another company and I am quite familar with the proper way to request help. I vented here because I thought it was okay to do so. Apparently I was wrong and it wil not happen again.

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

SlGal,

I can understand the anger, especially with that particular magazine and your personal situation.  What I'd suggest is to take a deep breath, drink some tea or foo-foo coffee then call customer service at 1-800-THE-BOOK and calmly explain that you never ordered it and don't want it but are unable to get it off your subscription list.  They can cancel the subscription on their end -- I ran into a similar problem last week where it would not let me renew a subscription and they were able to cancel and let me sign up for a new subsciption.

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Heritage of Shannara, Lonely Planet: Melbourne & Victoria
Inspired Contributor
RoseBaby
0 Kudos

You can get rid of the magazine by going to your account online.  Go to "My Nook Library" in the account menu.  Under magazine subscriptions select Parenting.  If you have an active subscription there is an unsubscribe link.  If not there is a renew and a delete subscripion.

SIGal67
0 Kudos

RoseBaby wrote:

You can get rid of the magazine by going to your account online.  Go to "My Nook Library" in the account menu.  Under magazine subscriptions select Parenting.  If you have an active subscription there is an unsubscribe link.  If not there is a renew and a delete subscripion.

You obviously never bothered to read my post or this thread. 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

SIGal67 wrote:

I recently got a Nook Color. LOVE IT. However I am very angry with B&N. They took it upon themselves to subscribe me to Parenting-The Early Years magazine, and won't let me unsub. I have clicked on Cancel Subscription over and over and over and it does NOTHING. I just get taken back to my library and the damned magazine is still there. I am not a parent and never will be because I am unable to have children. Having this magazine I never ordered keep showing up on my Nook Color is a slap in the face. I want it GONE. Why on earth do they think they have the right to subscribe people to magazines like this? When I click on "View Order" I get a page with a fake invoice. There is no order number, and the rest of the fields are filled in with "NaN"  I emailed CS and they'd better get this garbage off my account! Fortunately I am not being charged for it.

The NaN means not a number and represents something that can't be defined or displayed as a number.  It sounds like a programming glitch, not necessarily a overt attempt to subscribe you to a magazine you don't want.  I'd bet they'll take care of it once you get in contact with them.  

New User
Adinaa
0 Kudos

Omg thank u for this! I was trying to find a way to delete my cosmopolitan subscribtion and this TOTALLY worked! Thank u really *kissesz cheek*