New User
stadanko
0 Kudos

Battery Question

I had my NT charged at 100% but I haven't used it for a few days or used it little. Charged it sunday and well didn't use it until today. So it had been out idle for around 100 hours. The battery was at 90% today. Used the internet a fair amount today and it got down to about 80%, by the time I put it down for a few hours. I turned wifi off also after I was done using the internet.

An hour later it was done to 76% and then followed by another 10% in an hour. Right now it's down to 51% but I was reading for almost 2 hours.

This normal? It sounds wrong but I figure since it's been on idle for about five days, maybe the charge wasn't being displayed properly.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

Re: Battery Question

[ Edited ]

A problem with most Android devices (and computers in a broader sense) is that they tend to accrue applications running in the background that aren't closed completely, which sap battery power even when the device is idle. Shutting off and restarting your device to kill those processes should alleviate those problems.

I do kinda wish BN would make a process killer available to the non-developer devices.

New User
stadanko
0 Kudos

Thanks. That's what I figured the issue must be.

I restarted when it was at 52% and when it came back up, it was at 51%. And it has been like that for about 2 maybe 3 hours now. I think it's mainly perfect viewer, since that's what I use alot. There is really no easy way to close it. I'll try force close next time.

New User
GSamLabs
0 Kudos

While flyingtoastr is right about apps staying running in the background, a well behaved app shouldn't cause battery drain while running in the background. 

The trick is to find which apps are draining your battery in the background.  At the risk of doing a shameless plug (I'm the author) - take a look at GSam Battery Monitor's App Sucker feature.  It will tell you exactly which apps are draining your battery.   There is a full featured Trial version available...