Contributor
Jacquie66
0 Kudos

Books from Kobo

There are 4 books from Kobo that I would like to put on my Nook Color without having to buy them from B&N all over again.  I know that Kobo is not compatible with Nook anymore but is there a way to do this and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Frequent Contributor
geertm

Re: Books from Kobo

[ Edited ]

Jacquie66 wrote:

There are 4 books from Kobo that I would like to put on my Nook Color without having to buy them from B&N all over again.  I know that Kobo is not compatible with Nook anymore but is there a way to do this and if so how?

Thanks in advance

Kobo is still using ePub with Adobe DRM, and still compatible with Nook.

They have had some formatting problems with some of their books recently, but are correcting that problem by replacing the problem books with correct versions.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger

About half of my library is from Kobo.  I purchased my last Kobo title three days ago and sideloaded it successfully to all my NOOKs that same day.

I automatically download/open my purchased Kobo titles in ADE and then sideload directly to my N1E and NC.  I sideload to my N2E by copying the ADE epub file to the SD card.  (Once a Kobo title has been downloaded/opened in ADE, the epub file is stored in My Documents/My Digital Editions on my computer.  It can then be dragged and dropped into an appropriate folder in my NOOK.)

Recently ,I have had a couple of very minor problems with Kobo purchases:

1. A Kobo title did not download to ADE correctly, and therefore needed to be redownloaded from Kobo, but the purchased title was missing from my Kobo library.
    • By accessing the title through "My Account" - "My Purchase History," I was able to find the download button and download it successfully.
    • Kobo CS also told me to search the title and add it to my library again.  Once an already purchased title is added back to the library, the download button automatically appears.
  2. Books, after purchasing, have "lost" their cover art so that the title page (no cover art for sideloaded titles anyway) shows up as a blank page or page with only the written title when the book is opened.

I know Kobo has been going through some changes, but thus far, I have had no real problems.

New User
surferjoe
0 Kudos

use cali

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

As people have pointed out, you can use Adobe Digital Editions and Calibre.

Adobe Digital Editions let's you download books from your Kobo Library and move them to your Nook Color.