Contributor
BNColorTablet
0 Kudos

Re: Boot from SD Card on my 8GB Nook Tablet

Ken,

You will only see 190 MB with Windows if you are looking at the card with a cardreader.  You need to have your card in your Nook and booted into Android in order to copy files to it.

Put your card in the Nook and boot into Android.  Once it is booted up, plug your Nook into your PC with the USB cable.  Tap the notification icon on the bottom of your Nook screen - it's the circle with the arrow sticking up out of it - and then turn on USB Mass Storage mode.  You'll see a couple windows pop up on your PC desktop, one says "MyNook" and the other will say "CM7 SD Card" or something like that.  Open the CM7 folder and you will be able to create folders and drag and drop files from your PC to that folder.  Once you are done, properly "eject" your Nook so you don't corrupt data on your card. 

Now you can access files on your SD card by using your File Explorer program or media player or whatever associated app you have on your CM7 card.

Hope that helps.
Dean

"AndroidForNook" will make your Nook a true Android tablet!
Contributor
kenborg
0 Kudos

Now I understand. Thanks for the feeedback.

Ken

New User
jaad
0 Kudos

I installed CM7 on a micro SD card about a couple of weeks ago.  I found that I didn't need to do the step 5 as in the link provided by Niterider.  A sign-in page appeared and I just signed in to my google account, and the Google Play was already there.  My NT has been working perfectly well so far, and it's become a real tablet.

Thank you so much, Niterider and others in this thread, particularly Dean who showed how to retrieve the space from the micro SD card after it was written with the image file, otherwise this effort would be meaningless.

Pleas keep us posted about any updates. Cheers.

New User
tymhead
0 Kudos

After spending days trying every way in creation to boot from the SD card, this method of booting while plugged in via the power cord worked immediately. Does anyone know what the fix is to this? My NT only boots from the SD Card when plugged in using the power cord.
Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

tymhead wrote:
After spending days trying every way in creation to boot from the SD card, this method of booting while plugged in via the power cord worked immediately. Does anyone know what the fix is to this? My NT only boots from the SD Card when plugged in using the power cord.

If you got your Android image from AndroidForNook, you might want to check out this forum post regarding this exact issue...

http://www.androidfornook.com/forum/thread-98.html

You may have to be logged in to their site to be able to view this thread, but there is a lot of information on this topic.

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
New User
tymhead
0 Kudos

Thanks greatly! ... I will check it out and let you know what I'm able to find.

New User
tymhead
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the website tip.  I reviewed the posts at AndroidForNook and while there were many attempts (i.e. solutions) to resolve the problem (some that may help others), none provide a consistent and/or repeatable fix.  Apparently, all Nook Tablets are not created equal - even if they are the exact same model! So the search contnues...how to Boot from SD Card with out a cable to PC or power adapter?

Thanks,

New User
last1lost
0 Kudos

ive downloaded Download File SD_ROOT_NT16or8gbV4_7  from tabletroms ive followed everything to detail. and my nook tablet 1.4.3 i just bought wont boot my sd card...when i connected the usb to jump start it loads B&N....any suggestions.