Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

Broken Screen on Nook ST with GL: WE MUST TAKE ACTION!

My Simple Touch screen broke after 3 months of use; I was told by the customer service agent in Bangalore that B & N does not replace broken screens (unlike Amazon, which replaces broken Kindles immediately.) Please submit photos of your broken Nook to Instagram and use the hashtage #nookfail. Let's see if we can shame B&N into supporting their products.

Distinguished Correspondent
RJR443
0 Kudos

Re: Broken Screen on Nook ST with GL: WE MUST TAKE ACTION!

[ Edited ]

Did you buy your NSTG at a BN store?  If so, try taking it back to them.  You're still under warranty if you bought it new. 

I can't believe the CS rep knew what he was talking about.

Goog luck

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

The B&N phone customer service is notoriously inconsistent.  So when you don't get an acceptable response you can (a) try another rep (b) try the store (c) post the same rant a dozen times in different threads.

Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

I'm actually going to print up 10,000 flyers and I'm going to stand outside the store and hand them out to people as they walk in the store. I'm also going to post them on lamp posts near the store. EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW THAT B&N DOES NOT SUPPORT ITS PRODUCTS!

Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

They told me, by phone and chat, that if I didn't buy a "protection plan" I was out of luck. Can you believe that? My daughter has a Kindle and when her screen failed, they replaced it in 2 days.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI

RMBerkman wrote:

My Simple Touch screen broke after 3 months of use; I was told by the customer service agent in Bangalore that B & N does not replace broken screens (unlike Amazon, which replaces broken Kindles immediately.) Please submit photos of your broken Nook to Instagram and use the hashtage #nookfail. Let's see if we can shame B&N into supporting their products.

Did your screen fail, or did it break/crack/shatter due to an impact or fall?

In the first case you will be covered by the warranty, in the second you are only covered if you have the protection plan.

Correspondent
FulltimeRVer
0 Kudos

RMBerkman wrote:

My Simple Touch screen broke after 3 months of use...

It "broke"? You were reading a book, and the screen suddenly fractured?  Or did it develop a defect?

Dave
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

FulltimeRVer wrote:

RMBerkman wrote:

My Simple Touch screen broke after 3 months of use...

It "broke"? You were reading a book, and the screen suddenly fractured?  Or did it develop a defect?

Or you broke it?

Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

It broke when I attempted to use the slider on the lower left corner to find the page in my book that it lost for the hundredth time.

Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

broken-nook.gif

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

[ Edited ]

That's an eink screen failure.

It should be covered by the warranty - unless your device is more than a year old and its warranty is expired.  The CS rep didn't understand - probably because you've made it sound like a cracked screen, which wouldn't be covered - and if you speak to someone in a store, or make yourself understood on the telephone, I'm sure B&N will replace it.

Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

Told to me at coffee shop: Swap your broken Nook for a working Kindle!

The barista over at the coffee shop told me that Amazon will gladly take broken Nooks and give you a working Kindle; what a great way to serve your customers. I'm going to give them a call and check it out.

Contributor
RMBerkman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That sounds very sexist to me: because I am a man, I'm not allowed to own a Nook?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

RMBerkman wrote:

That sounds very sexist to me: because I am a man, I'm not allowed to own a Nook?

I have no idea what the F*** you are talking about.  And, considering that you posted this in 3 different forums, and haven't been all that open to the advice offered by people posting here, I'm seriously starting to consider you a troll.

You have a problem with your NST.  Your description of your problem in the original post was not clear, so I can see CS misunderstanding your problem.  Your problem is covered under warranty if still within the warranty period.  As others have suggested, either take it to a store or call CS again to get it replaced.  Please be clear and precise when describing your problem so they understand what the problem is.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716