Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

Can I make my own N2A card?

i just wonder is there simple instructions where i can do it myself or must i purchase it?

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Re: Can I make my own N2A card?

[ Edited ]

Easy Peasy for me and rolled my own CM7 on 8gb Sandisk. And wasn't difficult for me. And there are many threads here and about with same basic steps presented in different ways.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

wow reading that was like trying to read french lol maybe i just need to buy one on ebay.

Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan
0 Kudos

I bought one and love it............I just figured I would take the easy way out and save myself some possible frustration...LOL

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

I had good luck using Verygreen's howto over on XDA. It is a little technical, but a lot of folks are using it successfully.

I hate to see anybody paying that markup for a pre-rolled N2A card. Making one takes only a few minutes.

Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

i like to figure tech stuff out but that blew my mind lol

Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

One of the contributors here, taosaur, rewrote verygreen's instructions on XDA.  Perhaps these will be clearer for you:

http://taosaur.blogspot.com/2011/09/running-cyanogenmod-7-from-sd-nook.html

It really isn't that hard to do.  If you can use Windows Explorer to drop files onto an sd card, you can do this.  Read over the instructions carefully more than once.  I'd recommend starting with a cheap 4 gig card. Once you get the process down, you can move up to a larger card.  The consensus is that Sandisk Class 4 cards are the way to go.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

Yes, those instructions are the ones I followed (copied over to one of the wiki sites) and it worked for me first time. I finally decided to do a manual noot, but the experience running off the card was invaluable in making up my mind which way to go.
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

I gave up and bought one on ebay lol 

now is he nook color n2a card compatable to the nook tablet if i was ever to upgrade?

Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

kcladyz wrote:

now is he nook color n2a card compatable to the nook tablet if i was ever to upgrade?

As of this posting, no. But maybe in the future.  Take a look here:

http://www.nookreward.com/

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

kcladyz wrote:

Nope seperate card to be bought. That's why I learned to roll my own. As once learned than can roll android for any tablet or ereader devices that come out and the developers have written for.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Frequent Contributor
kcladyz
0 Kudos

My nook is acting up.

its not even charging or plugged in but the battery indicator is showing its charging by AC   lol how bizzare