New User
jenjenm98
0 Kudos

Can I share books with another nook without lend me?

My mom and I both got nooks for christmas and we were wondering if we could share books that don't have the lend me technology. We both have seperate accounts and we live in the same household. if we can do this, can you explain how?

New User
TarainMN
0 Kudos

Re: Can I share books with another nook without lend me?

I was wondering how to share books with a friend out of state.  Any information would be great!

Frequent Contributor
klv84

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Download nook for pc to you computer,then downlad your nook library to the nook for pc program. Connect your daughter's nook to the computer via usb and sideload the selected books into the "my files - books- folder. Properly eject the nook and sd card folder (if you have one), then open the book. Your daughter will have to enter your credit card info the first time she opens one of your books on her nook, then it's smooth sailing.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Reader 2
H0Use_WiFE
0 Kudos

does this still work?? Am trying it and it's not working

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

H0Use_WiFE wrote:

does this still work?? Am trying it and it's not working

Yes, this still works.  What part of the process are you stuck on?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Yes it still works. If you're entering the name on the credit card try entering the name on the BN account or vice versa, I can never remember which one to use but I think it's the one on your BN account.
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:
Yes it still works. If you're entering the name on the credit card try entering the name on the BN account or vice versa, I can never remember which one to use but I think it's the one on your BN account.

You need the name on the credit card. I did this recently.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

You need the name on the credit card. I did this recently.

I just used the name on my Mom's B&N account (no middle initial), and it worked for me.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Reader 4
JsportD
0 Kudos

I am so frustrated with this I want to cry.  I downloaded Nook for PC.  I downloaded all the books from my Nook.  I hooked up my mom's nook when I was finished.  I clicked on "Manage Device".  I found the book I wanted on the right under My Library.  I cliked the arrows pointing to the left toward my mom's nook.  I hit done.  I ejected the nook the correct way.  The book is now under "Documents" on her Nook (not in her main library) and WILL NOT OPEN.  Can someone help me?