Contributor
cher17
0 Kudos

Can't download books?

Is anyone else having a problem with downloading books from Barnes & Noble? I pre-ordered a book and on my computer they sent me an email saying it was ready to download. When I go on my color nook it won't let me ...it says try again later. I also tried to buy another book and it won't let me do that eirther.  Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks.

New User
xosavvyxo
0 Kudos

Re: Can't download books?

i'm having the same problem. My nook color won't even bring up reviews of books or anything.

Contributor
cher17
0 Kudos

I can't get it to download the book I pre-ordered even though they said it was ready. I can't buy any books eirther. Am wondering if they have some kind of glitch in there system. Am going to try again tonight and if I still can't get this, then I will give them a call and see what the problem is. Anyone else have any ideas on what is going on?????

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

cher17 wrote:

I can't get it to download the book I pre-ordered even though they said it was ready. I can't buy any books eirther. Am wondering if they have some kind of glitch in there system. Am going to try again tonight and if I still can't get this, then I will give them a call and see what the problem is. Anyone else have any ideas on what is going on?????

Have you tried rebooting the NC by completely powering off and on again?  Hold the power button down until it asks if you want to power off, do so, wait for it to turn off, then hold it to power back on.

Whenever things are acting a bit funny, try this first.

Also, if you get an error message from the shop or when trying to download books, it's possible the shop area servers are very busy.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
cher17
0 Kudos

I tried shuttting down but that still doesn't do it. Will try later today and see if it is a server problem. Never had this happen before.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Can you go to your account online on BN's website-on your computer?  Find the books and archive them, then unarchive.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
cher17
0 Kudos

I tried archive them but doesnt work. When I go to download it just says cannot download please try later. Help????

New User
harbor
0 Kudos

try simply powering down completely (not just standby) by holding the power button in for several seconds and then power back up.  worked for me.

New User
jw68
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem! SO frusutraded!

Distinguished Correspondent
taltosPT
0 Kudos

I had this problem yesterday after buying a book and trying to download to my computer. I logged out and then logged back in. The book downloaded and showed up as a download on my color and first edition. Sometimes it seems that stuff gets jammed up and backing out for a minute clears things up.