Reader
a_little_nookie
0 Kudos

Can't find my nook in my own home!!

Does anybody know if you can locate your nook in your own home using the wifi signal??  I can tell that it's still connected because I can see it's IP address on my computer but I've turned my house upside down looking for it!  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana

Re: Can't find my nook in my own home!!

Little known fact: The NC has a Clapper feature built-in.

Just clap twice and your NC will start beeping. If it doesn't work, keep trying.

:smileywink:

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

Don't worry, just look for the smoke,

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67

Nope, sorry. WiFi doesn't work that way. It's not a GPS or tracking device. Hope you find your Nook soon!

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom

My couch likes to snack on my nookcolor. I set it on the back cushion when I get up, then return and it is gone. Always check under and behind couch or seat cushions...bed pillows and blankets are notorious as well. Good luck!
Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Inspired Contributor
Trekkie7
0 Kudos

When I can't find mine, I just say, "here, Nookie-Wookie, time to eat - current bush; here Nookie-Wookie."  Oh, sorry, that's for Gizmo, my Shih Tzu (Hmm . . . I think I have better luck with Nookie-Wookie since Gizmo has an eating disorder.) !!!! You'll find it - probably under something or slipped down in the couch/bed/pillow or on floor under something.

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI

Have you put a load of wash in recently? :smileysad:
Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez

Nooksie

My boy named his wallet and keys. When he has to leave he goes through the house calling "Wally, Kiki, it's time to go..." They always turn up.  :smileywink:  Did you name your Nook?   Call it.  It's worth a try.   :smileyvery-happy: 

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

If you're Catholic, you can always pray to St. Anthony, patron saint for finding lost objects.  You can try even if you aren't Catholic; I've heard he doesn't discrminate. 

Nookycooky

Please tell me you found your nook.  I can't stand it. :smileysad:

Nookycooky

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
New User
20MommA09
0 Kudos

I had found a few apps that may help u find ur nook if u lose it. The 1st app is called Your App Finder & look up Locate My Nook. It costs 1.00.

Frequent Contributor
McCreamy

Did you ever find it?

New User
KittyCat12
0 Kudos

How does that work, I tried it but it doesn't work. And just to be clear does NC mean Nook Color?? Also, can the Nook Color be near you to try the clapping feature??!!

Bibliophile
5ivedom

There is no clapping feature. I'm pretty sure that user was joking.

Try the 'Find my Nook' feature the other user mentioned.

I don't know of any very good solution. IF you lose your Nook in your home, then you'll just have to piece together where it might be.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

[ Edited ]

I should have known better. I tried searching for "Find My Nook" at the B&N web site. The results contained gems such as "Ultra XXX: Finding my Sexual Self Again" (you lost it before?) and "Finding My Big Black Sugar Daddy", but alas no app.

I did eventually remember that the name was "Locate My Nuck". The reviews are less than stellar. Unless you're very lucky, the best any app based on wifi will be able to do is locate your device based on your (or worse, your neighbor's) wifi SSID. This will probably increase the scope of your search to include your house, your yard and probably the homes of a neighbor or two. 

Looking at the age of the original post, I'm thinking that the battery will have been dead far too long for any app to be of help.