Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Changing credit cards

Our bank is concerned that our account may have been hacked, so we have had to change our credit card number. I know that our B&N books are somehow linked to our credit card number.  Does the old number stick to the old books (so we shold keep a record of the number) or does it switch over to the new number?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Re: Changing credit cards

The old number will be the DRM key to the already-downloaded books, so it's a good idea to keep it around.  Books that you have not downloaded yet, or not purchased yet, will download with the new number once it's added to the account and marked as default.

if you want a book you've downloaded to be associated to the new number, just archive and unarchive it.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Thanks!  I will keep the old number around, but the archive/unarchive trick is a good one to know.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

I wouldn't worry about the downloads to your Nook.  I believe the nook devices remember all unlock codes associated with each download, as in the original purchase code and any subsequent card changes.

The downloads as backups to your computer on the other hand, you either need to keep track of old CC numbers or redownload the titles when changing cards.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Schwa wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the downloads to your Nook.  I believe the nook devices remember all unlock codes associated with each download, as in the original purchase code and any subsequent card changes.

The downloads as backups to your computer on the other hand, you either need to keep track of old CC numbers or redownload the titles when changing cards.

Sometimes the nooks get "confused" and forget the number.  It's good to keep it handy, just in case.