Contributor
roninkokomo
0 Kudos

Checkbook/budget apps

Do we have any available. I have looked and not been able to find.

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

Re: Checkbook/budget apps

I do not know of any.  If you are interested in a spreadsheet type checkbook manager you can use any that are MS Excel based.  I would recommend the purchase of QuickOffice Pro from the B&N App Store so you can easily add/modify the spreadsheet rather than just view it.

Contributor
roninkokomo
0 Kudos

I know that tyhere are several android checkbook apps. Why can't we get at them?  MoneyWise Pro for example

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

roninkokomo wrote:

I know that tyhere are several android checkbook apps. Why can't we get at them?  MoneyWise Pro for example

Contact your favorite supplier and ask them to port it over to nook. Point out no others currently being offrered, BN doesn't seem to aggressivey recruit apps vendors.
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

"BN doesn't seem to aggressivey recruit apps vendors."

I just don't get B&N. Geeze I would think they would want to bring a more features & capability to their premere devices.

Guess they haven't a clue about shooting yourself in the foot now. And not able to walk the path down the road later with new devices. By alienating the developers and not striving to build some bridges with the app developers. I would be chasing them. Not the other way around. They would be getting free devices and full developing software tools from me. I guess I'm funny that way :smileytongue:

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

I have to say, I'm guardedly optimistic that something's starting to change in the app recruitment process. 

After a year of silence, translating into "you will use our browser" there have been two new browsers added in the last several (8?) weeks or so, both free, one of them a well-known and often-requested browser, Dolphin. 

Does anyone know of a backup program that's named after an animal?  That might help the approval process :smileyhappy: 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

orb9220 wrote:

...By alienating the developers and not striving to build some bridges with the app developers. I would be chasing them. Not the other way around. They would be getting free devices and full developing software tools from me. I guess I'm funny that way :smileytongue:

Yup. To adopt this approach would just take very minimal knowledge of software industry history. How did Microsoft make Windows the dominant operating system for PCs? One way: by actively courting developers and giving them lots of free stuff, like tools, education, conferences, so they would develop killer "have to have it" apps, thousands of them.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson