Frequent Contributor
SeaFractor

Citrix Receiver is requested.

This application (availabe for Android and runs fine on a "rooted" NC) would allow me to use my Nook Color at work or remotely.

Amazing product for the remote access of applications, desktops (VDI) and servers.

New User
vtange
0 Kudos

Re: Citrix Receiver is requested.

I'd like to second this request, same reasoning. Would be very appreciated.

New User
DutchinLV
0 Kudos

Same request.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Have you all tried splashtop remote desktop app. I got it for my husbands NC and it works great, he does not think he will have to carry his laptop now on trips.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
SeaFractor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, I already use splashtop on my personal PC.  It's not even close to the same thing.  Don't get me wrong, but it's for a much different purpose than remotely controlling your personal computer.

My employer is able to create a number of "published" applications that I can then easily access from the Citrix Receiver in addition to the standard VDI (virtual desktop interface).    As it's from servers, I also never need worry about my PC or laptop even turned on.

Again its a tool for accessing corporate assets versus software to access my personal computer (especially since policy prevents me from installing splashtop remote on my work PC).

I've run Citrix Receier on the NC using N2A and it's way faster than splashtop as well, but I suspect that's because Citrix has been doing this from the days of yore (Citrix WinFrame was released close to the same time as Windows NT 3.51 server) and has optimized the communications protocol to the top efficiency.

Unlike Splashtop, you'll need Citrix servers to connect to, so it's not for home users. 

New User
richmondVA
0 Kudos

Hi, Seafractor, I totally agree with you. I am searching which e-book reader allows me to install Citrix receiver and B&N customer service told me NC does not support it. Did you mean you can still run Citrix receiver using N2A? What is N2A? How to do it? If so, I would like to get a NC too. Thanks!

Contributor
Tia_Night
0 Kudos

Agreed, we need the Citrix receiver please

New User
DutchBB
0 Kudos

Purchased my Nook HD in June before seeing article about financial problems for B&N. Thought I could get my work email and files through Citrix on the Nook HD. Very disappointed I cannot download successfully. Need Citrix Receiver.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

DutchBB wrote:

Purchased my Nook HD in June before seeing article about financial problems for B&N. Thought I could get my work email and files through Citrix on the Nook HD. Very disappointed I cannot download successfully. Need Citrix Receiver.

Um, it is available for your HD through the Play Store.