Reader
Tori712
0 Kudos

Closing apps

So I just got my nook tablet today, and have been playing around with it, but I am wondering, do I need to close apps like my phone or my ipad, and if so, how do I go about doing that? if I use the nook button and go to the home screen, i feel the app is still open if I click on it again,.. 

or do I not need to go about tryin to close everything?

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Closing apps

Well some apps actually have an EXIT option, which I love. They all should.

But for those that don't, like email,  I return to my Home page, and close my cover. I have my device set to go to sleep after 2 minutes.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

Keep in mind that Android so far is not that efficient at closing everything down even when you hit exit, if it's available.  Just like Windows, where there sometimes can still be processes running in the background that use memory, Android may leave some things running.  Every once in awhile it's good to turn the thing completely off by holding the power button down and selecting power off completely when the box pops up and asks.

It's also a good idea to familiarize yourself with browser options so you can find where to clear histories, caches, and cookies.

If things seem wonky or say the browser is not really responsive or loads a blank screen, or any other odd thing, try these steps above to clear out some memory.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
ErinS8
0 Kudos

I have my nt sideloaded with golauncher. Through golauncher I have the option to close all apps. I use this quite often. BN really should have a way to this. I know on phones it really helps battery life. -Erin
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Erin.... you are absolutely correct about saving the battery life. I wish BN did have an exit option to close all apps.

Deemure...I try to remember to shut down my table at least once a week. CS told me to hold the power button down for 20 seconds and ignore the shut down pop up.

Either way I am sure it does the same thing.

Reader
Tori712
0 Kudos

Perfect!!!!! Thanks so much for the tips :smileyhappy:
New User
arw1998
0 Kudos

So, how do i exit my email? I want to go to my memo pad, but instad my e-mail is there. i thinks its there because i accidentally hit send while looking at my notes..... :smileyindifferent:

New User
arw1998
0 Kudos

Ok, So i hit my Fliq notes app and my e-mail pops up...any idea of how to get it back to my notes -_- Please HELP!

Frequent Contributor
LoganK

Have you tried swiping left on the status bar (the shortcut for back on the Nook, page 21 of the manual)? That should do the trick.

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

There is an app called My App Manager that will show you all of your apps, show you the running apps, and let you exit the ones you want to stop running.  I also have Go Launcher sideloaded, and it works good too, but this one is B&N sanctioned and lets you stop specific apps, as opposed to stopping all running apps.  I've used it for quite a few weeks and it seems to work really well.  If you're concerned about apps running after you move on to something else, give it a try...

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."
Contributor
Francesde1st
0 Kudos

Re: Closing apps...but keep reopening

I have your app manager installed  but it seems that while I am going down the list to "kill" an open up another one that I have already killed opens up again. Am I doing something wrong or is this happening to others? I have noticed this problem every time I used the app manager

Distinguished Correspondent
Czechboy
0 Kudos

Re: Closing apps...but keep reopening

Francesde1st wrote:

I have your app manager installed  but it seems that while I am going down the list to "kill" an open up another one that I have already killed opens up again. Am I doing something wrong or is this happening to others? I have noticed this problem every time I used the app manager

I see this occasionally too.  I think with some of them it just depends on the app and how it's set up.  I notice that if I have the wifi on, I see more "open" apps, most of which, I never opened up.  When I have it off, the ones that appear as "open" are mostly just the ones I've opened.

nook Tablet - Running CM7

"From the moon we're comedy, from the moon we're really quite a treat."