Distinguished Correspondent
AikiPen
0 Kudos

Re: Cover Recommendation for Nook Simple Touch

I have the Industriell Stripe cover in grey. Adds minimal bulk and protection is good. No pockets which was important to me for my N1. I like the Stripe because it opens and closes book style but it has an easel in the front cover so you can set it up on a table for reading instead of leaving it flat.

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

The N1E Hutton Envelope is now selling for $5.99 on this B&N web site or $7.00 w/free shipping on B&N's Ebay page. I loved this case for my N1E and love it even more for my Nook Simple Touch. It's well-made and at these prices it's a steal. The Nook Simple Touch fits nicely. The width is perfect, and the height leaves only about 1/4" on each side. The leather is firm and very protective. It's one of the few N1E cases that works well with the Nook Simple Touch. 

Contributor
Roam
0 Kudos

I ended up puchasing the Carbon look Go Jacket from M-Edge. So far I'm loving it. The Carbon look jacket now has the same plastic mounting system as the red and pink jackets. I wished they offered teh Go Jacket in more finishes than Carbon, Red, and Pink but other than that I highly recommend it.

New User
lizzybeth05
0 Kudos

Alan,

You mentioned that you found a slip cover on Amazon for your N2E.

Can you send a link, or provide the product name.  I'm not having any luck finding a good SLIP COVER for the nook simple touch....

Reader 4
mising
0 Kudos

http://www.amazon.com/Speck-Products-SPK-A0546-Fitfolio-Reader/dp/B0065GASZU/ref=pd_cp_e_0

This is the one I am using. I bought mine at Target on sale for around 15 dollars.  It holds the nook at all four corners, adds very little bulk, and the cover folds back and secures easily for reading.  It may not be the nicest looking one out there but it meets all my requirements.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Lizzy,

This is the one I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053H1S9C/ref=wms_ohs_product

When I purchased it, the total including shipping was ~$10.  Now it's ~$15 plus shipping (if you're not on Prime).

B&N covers are $19.99 so not much price difference any more.

Your choice of course... :smileywink:  Good luck!

►Without order there is chaos◄
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,257
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

B&N covers are $19.99 so not much price difference any more.

Beware the $19.95 covers from B&N;  the color dies are not color-fast.  If they get even the slightest bit wet, they will stain whatever you put them on.  Get them a little bit more wet, and the the fabric on the cover will shrink the"hinge", to the point of making the cover unusable.

Nooks: 2 HD+/16GB & 2 HD/8GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted;
    2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

lizzybeth05 wrote:

You mentioned that you found a slip cover on Amazon for your N2E.

I have a neoprene pouch that mine zips in and out of.  I got it at a daily deal site months ago, but it was sold for a Kobo Touch.  Fits just fine and in all googles for this kind of product, the Kobo Touch pouches are less than NOOK Simple Touch...

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I didn't wnat a case attached to my NST because I like reading with it just as it is--I really enjoy the lightness and the way it fits in my hands.  I made a sort of a slip case for mine by cutting off the foot of one of my husband's big ragg socks and stiching up the bottom.  One could put Velcro on the top if one wanted to make sure the Nook couldn't slide out, but I find it holds it pretty securely.  This provides it with protection against scratches and a certain amount of padding were it to fall.  It doesn't add any significant weighta nd just a tad of bulk.  If one were worried about protecting the screen from impact, one could slip some caprboard (maybe covered with fabric to avoid scratching) into the sock in front of the Nook.  That's really not been an issue for me, given the way I use and carry it. 

Inspired Correspondent
SuperC142
0 Kudos

I'd like to point out that B&N are very generous with their time when you go to a physical store and ask to try out covers.  I told an employee what I was after and he pulled down several covers that met my criteria and allowed me to open and play with each one for as long as I liked.  A lot of people here have some good suggestions; you could try many of them in-person and see what you think.

Frequent Contributor
Loyd
0 Kudos

I stopped by my local B&N store to put my name on the list for a Glow and discovered they have several NST covers at up to 50% off. I got one I've admired for months for $15. Several covers, including mine, were listed on BarnesandNoble.com as discounted but out of stock. Might be worth a look.

Inspired Contributor
SirLoyne
0 Kudos

Instead of a cover like I had for my first nook, I use a sleeve now.

http://www.amazon.com/Nuvo-Tek-Sleeve-Cover-Simple-ereader/dp/B0058W1DH4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335...

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

I did the same thing.  I prefer reading without a case on the N2E.  

I purchased this sleeve when it was quite a bit cheaper.  At the time I believe the total including shipping was $8 or $9.  Now it's just over $15 but free shipping with Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Neoprene-Sleeve-Barnes-Simple/dp/B0053H1S9C/ref=sr_1_41?s=electronic...

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

The CaseCrown sleeve for the NST looks like a good fit. They've adertising a cheaper faux suede version for a bit cheaper, though without Super Saver shipping.

I ordered one of theirs supposedly for the NC and found it was both too tight on one dimension, and too long on the other, leaving about one inch flopping around with the device inserted. I'm hestitant to order any of their products that don't specifically show my device in it.

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

The CaseCrown sleeve for the NST looks like a good fit. They've adertising a cheaper faux suede version for a bit cheaper, though without Super Saver shipping.

I ordered one of theirs supposedly for the NC and found it was both too tight on one dimension, and too long on the other, leaving about one inch flopping around with the device inserted. I'm hestitant to order any of their products that don't specifically show my device in it.

The Case Crown I have is approximately 1/2" longer than the N2E device itself but the width fits perfectly.  

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

I prefer a sleeve also, and I've been totally happy with the one I got from B&N:

Neoprene Case in Night

Apparently that one's out of stock (there's no "Add to Bag" button on the page), but it is available in Marine and Flamingo (awful colors IMO, but to each his or her own). They've all been recently marked down from $19.95 (what I paid) to $13.50.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Contributor
Kevin_0626
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I wanted a different cover from what I had seen at Barnes and Noble so I looked on the web.  Oberon Design makes a cover for most if not all the different Nooks made out of leather.  They are expensive but are amazing covers.  They are at www.oberondesign.com if anyone is interested (they are amazing to look at even if you don't want to spend that much money).

Contributor
bakersdozen12
0 Kudos

Javoedge makes nice e-reader cases that flip over at the top, instead of on the side.  The nice thing about that is it's easier to hold with your left hand.  They also have built-in kickstands so that you can prop your NOOK up on a table and read hands-free, which is really nice if you like to read while eating.  I had one from my NOOK 1st Edition and plan on getting another for my Nook Simple Touch as well.

Contributor
Parteecia

I folded a fat quarter in fourths, sewed a zipper across the long end then sewed up the sides. Cost $1 for the fabric and $1 for the zipper (Jo-Ann's coupon).

I was sloppy in my folding so the ends did not quite get caught in the zipper sewing but that worked out better because it gave me an inside pocket for the charger and light, and I hanky-hemmed the outside pocket for anything else.

nstr sleeve.jpg

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro

Parteecia wrote:

I folded a fat quarter in fourths, sewed a zipper across the long end then sewed up the sides. Cost $1 for the fabric and $1 for the zipper (Jo-Ann's coupon).

Sounds like you're handy with sewing. It looks great. Any tips for accomplishing the same thing with hot glue, duct tape and/or staples? :smileyhappy: