New User
Dan_Blair
0 Kudos

DC Relaunch - Comics for Nook Color ?

Now that as of today DC Comics has begun to fully digitalize their sales stock is the Nook Color any closer to having a way for us to order and read them from the DC Digital Sales Site or for B&N to stock them with their own app for reading ?

If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

Re: DC Relaunch - Comics for Nook Color ?

Step 1:  Root your nook with manual nooter or flash it with CM7.

Step 2: Download "Comixology" app from Android Market

Step 3: Download your favorite DC comics. 

Frequent Contributor
Catfanatic1979v1
0 Kudos

I definitely want to to be able to buy them through B&N on a stock Nook Color. I can't see why something isn't already in the works as doing this would be a no-brainer.

Wordsmith
robert93

Comics do have a following in all age groups, as its always something that adults can share with kids.  Maybe the makers of Comixology should be contacted by users, let them know there is a community waiting for their app on the Nook Market,   Knowing end users are ready for a product does help when bringing a product to market, and since they already have an android app, they are a third of the way there :smileyvery-happy:

New User
Dan_Blair
0 Kudos

Richard, Forgive my ignorance please but what do you mean by Root my Nook and/or Flash it ?
Pretend I am a tech dinosaur cos I am ;P

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

I means to install a new operating system on the system. Many people on these forums like it, but it does void your warranty to do so.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

Go to youtube and search for "CM7 NOOK COLOR."  It will explain how to install a full version of Android on your Nook Color, that replaces the operating system that it comes with.  Some people theorize that this voids the warranty, so be forewarned....However, it seems likely that you can restore it back to the stock interface when you want and that nobody would ever know you had installed a different OS.

Contributor
Torsten_Adair
0 Kudos

Isn't it easier to copy the Android OS to the memory card, and then boot the system from that?

This leaves the B&N OS on the machine, so that shouldn't void the warranty.

Frequent Contributor
Loyd
0 Kudos

There's a safer alternative although it will cost you a little money. You can buy an SD card called n2a that was put together by technical guys. For $30 you get an SD card you can put in your Nook color. With the card you can chose to boot it in the original B&N Nook Color or as an Android tablet. They include 20 or so apps that have already been debugged to work on a Nook Color running Android.

It works well and (I was promised) that using it won't void my warranty because it never touches the Nook software. I got one but frankly I think the stock NC is easier to use and the books are easier to read than with the Nook app for Android. After trying Android I realized I just want to read books on my Nook (I'm past the age when I wanted to play with operating systems) so I took the card out and I'm using my NC as designed.

As pointed out above, all the software on the n2a is available free. You're paying for the SD card and the tech support to get Android safely on your NC without really touching it so this is only an option if you aren't any more technically inclined than I am but still want to see your Nook in Android form.

Not to hijack the post, I wholeheartedly support the idea of getting a real Nook app to display.

New User
Raiderjoe
0 Kudos

Hmmm. Well, if hacking my Nook will void the 2 year warranty I just paid for, thanks but no thanks. I can wait.