Reply
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
Posts: 725
Registered: ‎08-13-2010

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Mitch,

 

I just purchased a refurbished NookColor for my wife (I updated it to firmware 1.3) and we purchased and installed Movie Gallery on it.  After playing around with it on her NC, I want it too!!

 

Any chance of getting a version of Movie Gallery for a NookColor that has been rooted and was running firmware version 1.1.0 originally??  I prefer leaving my NC rooted as is and not installing firmware 1.3 on it.

 

 

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Hey Gandalf,

 

Its been a while,

 

Thank you for using MovieGallery :smileyhappy:

 

Unfortunately, B&N added the appstore-stuff in 1.2, so adding support for 1.1 isn't possible. MG itself is build using Android 2.2 compatible code, so it will work on just about anything that runs that (or higher) but you need to be able to install apps on on it of course.

 

Its been a while since I last ran my NOOK rooted. For development purposes I am running it stock these days. Can you refresh my memory on that? Did they ever manage to add a market capability or sideloading apps from APK files?

 

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
Posts: 725
Registered: ‎08-13-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Mitch,

 

Thanks for the quick response.

 

On my rooted NC I have full access to the Android App store and the Amazon App store and I can purchase and install apps.  I guess my concern was could Movie Gallery be used on the Android version that was on the 1.1.0 NC - I believe it was Android 2.1 but I'm not sure.

 

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

The Android Market has MovieGallery Free that you could try: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tools4movies.moviegallery.free

 

I think nook 1.1 was android 2.1 so it might not show up if you search for it in the market on your rooted Nook.

 

 

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
Posts: 725
Registered: ‎08-13-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Mitch,

 

Rather than continue this conversation on the open board since I don't think other people would be interested in it, I sent you a "PM'.

 

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

replied already :smileyhappy:

 

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
Posts: 261
Registered: ‎12-19-2010

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

just got the app too! Exactly what I needed :smileyhappy: DVDcat, your NC app and desktop  DVD conversion app have made my NC sooooo enjoyable :smileyhappy:

 

thanks so much!

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Thank you :)


cindylee60 wrote:

just got the app too! Exactly what I needed :smileyhappy: DVDcat, your NC app and desktop  DVD conversion app have made my NC sooooo enjoyable :smileyhappy:

 

thanks so much!


Thank you Cindy,



I am glad you are getting enjoyment out of my apps :smileyhappy:

 

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
Posts: 286
Registered: ‎04-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Hi Mitch

Have the app on my NC and Xoom.

It works fine except I only get titles, not covers.

Did I mess up?

 

my9....

Nook Color Wallpapers
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??


my9cats wrote:

Hi Mitch

Have the app on my NC and Xoom.

It works fine except I only get titles, not covers.

Did I mess up?

 

my9....



Hi My9,

 

On both the Xoom and the NC no cover images?

 

On the Xoom, you have the "Android" version, which has the folder-selection stuff, which makes it possible to mess-up, but on the NC (unless you use N2A) there are no folder-options just yet, so it is hard to mess-up.

 

In both cases, try putting a few images in the same folder as where your movies are located. Make sure the images are either in jpg or png format (I get them from www.albumart.org myself, which uses jpg) and that they are saved using the same name as the movie, so if the movie is called "my cool movie.mp4" the image has to be called "my cool movie.jpg" or "my cool movie.png"

Capitalisation doesn't matter.

If MovieGallery is running already when you add movies, it will not rescan them, so make sure you close out of MovieGallery completely (hit the big button on the top right to exit) and start it again to have it look for the images.

 

On a side note, if you are only converting DVDs, the files you create for the Xoom will play on the NC as well. The format is the same. The NOOKcolor's only difference is that it doesn't like video files that have a resolution higher than 854x480, which doesn't happen too often if you convert from DVDs. You can even switch the SD card from one to another.

 

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
Posts: 286
Registered: ‎04-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Not working or I don't 'get' it.

Time to call Nephew-Geek.

BTW, he's impressed I know of you and have

communicated with you. 

GO BABY BOOMERS!!

Nook Color Wallpapers
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

[ Edited ]

my9cats wrote:

Not working or I don't 'get' it.

Time to call Nephew-Geek.

BTW, he's impressed I know of you and have

communicated with you. 

GO BABY BOOMERS!!


Ok, I'll make it as easy as I can. This simply has to work for you.

 

I uploaded a zip file:

 

http://www.tools4movies.com/mg_samples.zip

 

download that to your computer and extract it.

 

You end up with 5 files.

 

2 mp4 files I created from movie trailers (not the best quality, but they look OK and play on the NOOK) and 2 matching jpg files. Copy them over to your NOOK. I just copied the full folder over directly to the NOOK's internal memory.

 

The 5th file is a screenshot of what it looks like on my NOOK:

MovieGallery Sample View

 

(edit: rotated the screenshot so it looks as it should)

 

 

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
Posts: 286
Registered: ‎04-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Ok, I spent two hours between the NC and Xoom.

I was able to download the files you sent to both and they work.

However using the same steps I still cannot get my movie pictures on there.

Am putting aside because I am getting really frustrated.

At least I can view the movies without having to go through gallery.

That in itelf is a mega plus.

Thanks for all your help.

I'll try again later or in a couple of days.

Sorry.....

 

Nook Color Wallpapers
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??


my9cats wrote:

Ok, I spent two hours between the NC and Xoom.

I was able to download the files you sent to both and they work.

However using the same steps I still cannot get my movie pictures on there.

Am putting aside because I am getting really frustrated.

At least I can view the movies without having to go through gallery.

That in itelf is a mega plus.

Thanks for all your help.

I'll try again later or in a couple of days.

Sorry.....

 


I am sorry.

 

If you want, email me a few of your images, and I might be able to figure out what is causing the problem.

 

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
Posts: 286
Registered: ‎04-11-2010

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??

Mitch

Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

Went to NH for a few days.

My nephew came over today and showed me where I goofed and

all is good. Senior moment.

Thanks again for always being here to help us.

my9....

Nook Color Wallpapers
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??


my9cats wrote:

Mitch

Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

Went to NH for a few days.

My nephew came over today and showed me where I goofed and

all is good. Senior moment.

Thanks again for always being here to help us.

my9....


I am glad you are back up and running.

 

Senior moment. You reminded me of this clip:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcN08Tg3PWw

 

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
Posts: 286
Registered: ‎04-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App...On rooted NC??


dvdcatalyst wrote:

my9cats wrote:

Mitch

Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

Went to NH for a few days.

My nephew came over today and showed me where I goofed and

all is good. Senior moment.

Thanks again for always being here to help us.

my9....


I am glad you are back up and running.

 

Senior moment. You reminded me of this clip:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcN08Tg3PWw

 


Cute. Thanks for sharing :smileyhappy:

Nook Color Wallpapers
Contributor
lvnook
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App for Nook Color available.

I lost my original download when my NC crashed.  I wanted to upload a few new videos for the kids and when i went to conversion there is a NC2.  whats the diff between original and 2.?  Thanks for the product we love it.!

Contributor
lvnook
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App for Nook Color available.

I would presume the subtitles on my movie would b on of the differences.
New User
Saph416
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-21-2012
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst App for Nook Color available.

movie gallery