Contributor
7Angel
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Digital magazines

When one of the devices listed under devices you can read a magazine has a Nook listed, which device are they talking a out? The first Nook, or one of the Simple Touch?
Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: Digital magazines

7Angel wrote:
When one of the devices listed under devices you can read a magazine has a Nook listed, which device are they talking a out? The first Nook, or one of the Simple Touch?

I'm completely sure about this but:

NOOK = Nook First Edition, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light, and all the iterations of the Nook tablet (Color, Tablet, HD, HD+)

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I think nook color and later. Magazines are releaded in pdf formats not ade. Several of mine can't be read even using the nook app on other devices, some can. It is related to whether they have enhanced or intetsctivr content.
Contributor
7Angel
0 Kudos

One of the magazines I looked at was the New Yorker, it list for devices; Nook HD, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, and Nook. When they list Nook, are they talking about the Nook Simple Touch?
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

7Angel wrote:
One of the magazines I looked at was the New Yorker, it list for devices; Nook HD, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, and Nook. When they list Nook, are they talking about the Nook Simple Touch?

I can testify that The New Yorker is available for Nook Simple Touch. I've had an active subscription for almost a year.

However, I can't be sure that the same format is readable on any other Nook device since I don't have another Nook. I can say that it is not accessible in the Nook for Android app, which is kind of a shame since I'd like to see the covers in color and the cartoons in larger size on my Android tablet. But in the Nook for Android app it says I have no magazines in my library.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Contributor
7Angel
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.