Contributor
Leah_K
0 Kudos

Does 1.4.1 affect watching movies from sd?

I JUST got my NT less than a week ago so this is ALL new to me. I came on the board just now ready to go with my sd card and was looking for tips on being able to watch movies. I had planned on downloading dvd caytalyst 4 and trying it out tonight.

Then I saw all these posts about the sideloading being blocked...should I not even bother now?

What a sham...sd card slot was a BIG reason for my choice of the NT over the Fire...maybe I will take it back and get the FIre....and get some money back too...to buy from an app store that actually has a decent amount of apps. :smileysad:

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980

Re: Does 1.4.1 affect watching movies from sd?

No sham. The sideloading whining is actually a misnomer for downloading .apk files from non-BN sources.

Your movies on SD cards work quite well. I'd strongly suggest investing the extra $2 in the Movie Gallery app, which makes it very easy to find all your movies on both the internal and SD memory as well.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/moviegallery-tools4movies/1105128354?ean=2940043856234&itm=1&usri=mo...

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

[ Edited ]

Yep sideloading issue applies to apps only.

Still can sideload Movies,eBooks,Pictures,Music,etc..

Dvd catalyst 4 works great. And plays great and that is just on my Nook Color so the Tablet should be even better.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
Leah_K

Great! I'm glad my ignorance was off the mark--or since it's ignorance, would that make it on the mark? :smileywink: And thanks for the tip! I'll try it out tomorrow!
Contributor
MooseDB

+1 on Movie Gallery app  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

DVD Catalyst and the movie app are great.  I have several movies and got a bigger card for them for Christmas.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.