Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Does anyone use the side buttons?

I use the side buttons usually when I'm holding the unit one handed.

I've also used the buttons when eating popcorn, as I didn't want to get butter all over the screen and felt it was easier to clean the exterior border than the touch screen.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

Hey Alan, the only time I use it is when there's a cat involved!

Yep.  As I said before, same here.  I actually looked at the Kindle Touch and decided I couldn't ever buy it because it had no buttons.  :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
LoganK
0 Kudos

Yes, I frequently use the side buttons. I find it to be the best way to read one-handed, but my thumb does get a little tired after about an hour. I prefer the side buttons of the Kindle, but for some non-sensical reason Amazon doesn't include them on the Kindle Touch.

In any case, when my thumb gets tired I just switch hands. It's probably better for me anyway.

Reader 4
SuzzyDA
0 Kudos

Does your cat insist on reading faster than you and turn the page using the touch screen before you're ready?:cattongue: Mine does that constantly! My DH gets the biggest kick out of the arguments she and I get into because she wants to turn the page about 3 or 4 lines before I'm ready!:smileylol:

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

One of my cats spends her time nuzzling the nook and can flip ahead several times.  The other one who sits with me is polite where the nook is concerned.  He's more interested in placing his bulk on the laptop keyboard.

Wordsmith
Fred011
0 Kudos

DeanGibson wrote:

Having gotten a bit used to the Touch and turning pages by just touching the edges, I don't find myself ever using the side buttons.  It's less effort to just touch the edges.

Does anyone else use the side buttons?

Tried the buttons, too stiff, don't like 'em.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

northlite wrote (as his signature line):

My Nook Touch is named Buzz Lightyear! Together we go to infinity and beyond! B&N, please restore the ability to name our Nooks!

I second that signature line!

PS (back to topic):  I do use the side buttons occassionally  . . .  and I'm not really sure why or when I do that .  The buttons seemed awfully stiff when I first got the NST and I thought I would never use them, but with time and use, they don't seem quite as stiff now. 

Contributor
SingingRiver
0 Kudos

I find my upper set of buttons is easier to push, and yes, they do tend to have a little more give over time. :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Correspondent
msmoonlite
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr wrote:

I almost exclusively use the buttons on my NST. I've always liked having a tactile response when I turn pages.

Me too. Occasionally I use the screen, and my husband likes to swipe the screen and change my pages just to mess with me but for the most part I use the buttons.

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I use the bottoms and the screen as well.  Both systems work.

Lector GS
Contributor
_Chrissy_
0 Kudos

I have had my Nook 1 month and never used the side buttons. :smileyhappy:

SO many books and SO little time to read them all!