Frequent Contributor
Weedy533
0 Kudos

E Book customers will get refunds

Just an FYI saw this article and thought it would be if interest 

http://money.msn.com/personal-finance/article.aspx?post=770c2b56-6fc9-4d38-82da-148590202942

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: E Book customers will get refunds

Penguin and MacMillan are not part of the settlement, there will be no refunds from those two publishers at least until their day in court passes.  The email I received from Sony specifically listed the three publishers.

Contributor
Suetpea
0 Kudos

It's now June of 2013 and I haven't received an notification from Barnes and Noble about either a refund or a gift certificate.  I can't get the company to answer why because I know I purchased enough books to qualify.  Since I got my nook in April of 2010 I've purchased over 500 nook books and some of them had to have been in the category required.

Barnes and Noble referred me to the State Attorney General's office and they referred me back to Barnes and Noble.  Very frustrated.

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

The settlement was approved in March, and they have up to 6 months to distribute the funds, i.e. you may not get your settlement until September.
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013

Suetpea wrote:

It's now June of 2013 and I haven't received an notification from Barnes and Noble about either a refund or a gift certificate.

The court is holding the refunds up for as much as six months while they combine the settlements from the other two publishers, Macmillan and Penguin. New refund rates need to be calculated, which should be almost (but not quite) double the original amount.

Inspired Correspondent
emtgirlCV
0 Kudos

So all we have to do is wait for the refund ? We don't have to do anything else to initiate it?
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

emtgirlCV wrote:
So all we have to do is wait for the refund ? We don't have to do anything else to initiate it?

All you can do is wait for your credit. It's long past the cut-off date for requesting a check instead of a credit, and for filing for refunds for e-books bought from the smaller retailers.