Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Re: EMAIL ISSUES

Suze,

i know it is not ideal, but have you thought about setting a bookmark for the browser page of your e-mail isp and having it remember your id and password?  i do this for two of my e-mail accts just so that i don't have to fight through the setup.  you lose a little versatility and it takes a little longer if you have multiple accts, but it works. 

just an idea....

Jeremy

Reader
TuckT
0 Kudos

How do u do it
New User
Mike52
0 Kudos

Re: EMAIL ISSUES: Any way to Empty Trash?

Is it just me or does everybody have to individually select EACH and EVERY email message in the trash in order to empty the trash?

Seems like a way to just empty trash could come in handy. 

Using the default email program on the Nook Color.

Thanks,

Mike

New User
irrascible
0 Kudos

I misspelled my user name (or changed password, not sure which) and email no longer works. I would like to delete the app and re-install, but don't know how. Could you instruct me?

Thanks,
irascible

Contributor
gooville
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and I took it to B&N and all they did was delete my e-mail (yahoo) account and then put it back in and it has worked fine since-hope that helps-took about thirty seconds-

Contributor
Kuby
0 Kudos

Prior to the latest version OS upgrade V1.2.0 nookC (w/WIFI only) Email configures and worked A-OK.

Just recently I had to change my PW on a Yahoo account.

When I went to update the nC Email Account it is constantly flagging an error message that my Yahoo account either has a bad user name or PW. It is not true as my Yahoo account works well on multiple PC's and even my Droid-X.

There appears to be a bug-problem with the new V1.2.0 email configure tool that prohibits users to make changes.

FYI, here is the kicker I have another Yahoo email account (Y1) setup in the nC... It works A-OK. When I went to see how Y1 was configured to duplicate via manual configure for the PW Y account... The nC when attempting to access my Y1 account via configure stated it too has a user name or PW problem blocking access. I backed out of configure... then checked Y1 using the normal nC email refresh and it still works fine.

So using a lil logic there is a bug in the nC V1.2.0 email setup/configure sub-program.

How do we get this to nC so they can fix (V1.2.1)? Or how do I go back to the last version so I can input my email info and then reinstall V1.2.0? Or is nC not that flexible in going back one version if you find the newest version to buggy/prohibitive? 

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

irrascible wrote:

I misspelled my user name (or changed password, not sure which) and email no longer works. I would like to delete the app and re-install, but don't know how. Could you instruct me?

Thanks,
irascible

Delete and then recreate the email account.

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Kuby wrote:

Prior to the latest version OS upgrade V1.2.0 nookC (w/WIFI only) Email configures and worked A-OK.

Just recently I had to change my PW on a Yahoo account.

When I went to update the nC Email Account it is constantly flagging an error message that my Yahoo account either has a bad user name or PW. It is not true as my Yahoo account works well on multiple PC's and even my Droid-X.

There appears to be a bug-problem with the new V1.2.0 email configure tool that prohibits users to make changes.

FYI, here is the kicker I have another Yahoo email account (Y1) setup in the nC... It works A-OK. When I went to see how Y1 was configured to duplicate via manual configure for the PW Y account... The nC when attempting to access my Y1 account via configure stated it too has a user name or PW problem blocking access. I backed out of configure... then checked Y1 using the normal nC email refresh and it still works fine.

So using a lil logic there is a bug in the nC V1.2.0 email setup/configure sub-program.

How do we get this to nC so they can fix (V1.2.1)? Or how do I go back to the last version so I can input my email info and then reinstall V1.2.0? Or is nC not that flexible in going back one version if you find the newest version to buggy/prohibitive? 

Email didn't exist on the NC before the 1.2 update.

Contributor
Kuby
0 Kudos

Your right, but something has changed.... It was working just fine a month ago until I had to change the PW. But Yahoo did force change all into a new Web face three weeks ago.

I just tried to again, configure and I cannot get my Yahoo account to take into nC. I get the constant error and even doing manual imap it seems to hang on the Port number.... I've tried a half dozen port numbers resported to work in various blogs/postings and nothing works....

So B&N nC support - create a new Yahoo account and configure itto nC. How did you do it - that worked? Or is there a real problem (even if it is due to a new Yahoo change) and how can nC circumvent a new Yahoo setup?

The bottom line, Yahoo accounts cannot get configured into nC and the OS leaves us no access to make various variable/srting/path changes.

Reader 2
tinkereader
0 Kudos

Need help setting up roadrunner email.  Hot mail works fine but I'd like to add my roadrunner email as well.  Not having any luck with that.

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

The outbound ports on devices is almost always different than the PC settings. Google android email settings for your email provider - ie. android email settings for roadrunner or go to your providers website and you will find the correct port settings. Outbound ports on portable devices are different because email providers need a way to verify mail sent thru them is valid.

Sometimes you can't just make the setting changes and have it work, you have to delete the current account and start again.

Frequent Contributor
ORLOVS
0 Kudos

Hi There:

I too have the same problem, constantly. I was on a cruise recently, and my NC kept giving me the info"Unable to open connection with server" , when the bars at the bottom told full power, ie. 3 bars, and the ship had full bars, and the NC said it was connected to the ship. This has also happened here at home with the Nook sitting beside my computer, right where the connection comes in. I do hope someone will come up with an answer. I have phoned customer service many times and talked to many different people, and none of them could help at all.

Good luck to both of us

Orlovs

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ORLOVS wrote:

Hi There:

I too have the same problem, constantly. I was on a cruise recently, and my NC kept giving me the info"Unable to open connection with server" , when the bars at the bottom told full power, ie. 3 bars, and the ship had full bars, and the NC said it was connected to the ship. This has also happened here at home with the Nook sitting beside my computer, right where the connection comes in. I do hope someone will come up with an answer. I have phoned customer service many times and talked to many different people, and none of them could help at all.

Good luck to both of us

Orlovs

One possibilty comes to mind since I've been through this at airport wifi situations as well. When you see a solid wifi signal but have no access to email, you may want to open your browser. At least for me at airports and maybe some hotels, etc., you first need to open a browser and will have to accept the wifi source's agreement (i.e., this is an open network--avoid sending or receiving sensitive data, passwords, etc.--we take no responsibility for your use of this network, etc.) before you can browse the web, check email, stream Pandora, etc. This doesn't apply if your issues also occur on your home network but is worth checking on public wifi sites, possibly including the cruise ship.

Frequent Contributor
ORLOVS
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig.

On the ship they give you a code, and I used it . It worked for all the iPads, Netbooks etc. ,but didnt work on my Nook. Here at home it has no reason to want anything like that.

It does receive messages, albeit with a long , sometimes a day,  delay.

Another question I cant solve : Can one write emails on the NC and save them to send when it gets a good signal on it? I cant find anywhere to do this. "Draft" doesnt show when you are writing an email. It sure would prevent a lot of grief.  Of course this wont help much, unless my NC learns to "send". I keep wondering if there is something needing to be checked somewhere?

CraigAZ wrote:

ORLOVS wrote:

Hi There:

Good luck to both of us

Orlovs

One possibilty comes to mind since I've been through this at airport wifi situations as well. When you see a solid wifi signal but have no access to email, you may want to open your browser. At least for me at airports and maybe some hotels, etc., you first need to open a browser and will have to accept the wifi source's agreement (i.e., this is an open network--avoid sending or receiving sensitive data, passwords, etc.--we take no responsibility for your use of this network, etc.) before you can browse the web, check email, stream Pandora, etc. This doesn't apply if your issues also occur on your home network but is worth checking on public wifi sites, possibly including the cruise ship.

Contributor
Kuby
0 Kudos

Re: Yahoo EMAIL ISSUES

[ Edited ]

:smileysurprised: FYI to all.... Last weekend a B&N store, the nook Support employee informed me that the Yahoo email account registration failure in the nookColor is a KNOWN problem that nC is working on it.

nC stated they HOPE to have a solution by 2012, but that was only MAYBE! :smileysad:

I hope it's in nC v1.4, they look to be issuing ever 6 months, so hurry up ant WAIT! :smileymad:

New User
paddy1
0 Kudos

KibblesNbits.could you explain  how you set up rr  email on Nook color to me?paddy1

New User
Tracey182
0 Kudos

did you ever set up bellsouth.net email -I also need help!!

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

See my response in thread "Color Nook and eMail"
New User
Mazzola
0 Kudos

I have a RR email account and keep getting this error message, "Unable to open connection to server." Is this what you experienced and how can I fix it?

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mazzola wrote:

I have a RR email account and keep getting this error message, "Unable to open connection to server." Is this what you experienced and how can I fix it?

Assuming RR sets up all their mail servers the same way, here's what I have setup for Rochester RR:

Incoming settings:

[enter your user name and password]

POP3 server: [set to your POP3 server name]

Security type: None

Port: 110

Outgoing settings:

SMTP server: [set to your SMTP server name]

Security type: None

Port: 587

Require sign-in: UNCHECKED