Contributor
Payit4ward
0 Kudos

Re: EMAIL ISSUES

Golf Dog - will this work with hotmail?  I typed in the yahoo resolution on the off hchance that anythign would work and now it keeps cycling and cycling and will not connect to anything.  Any ideas?

Reader
dpeach777
0 Kudos

how do you delete the email account? I cannot set up my hotmail either.

New User
Spaceflux

EMAIL ISSUES - POP3 Retrieval

NC POP3 Email Account setup issues

Running v1.4.2

I have discovered a bug in the email application that comes with the NC Tablet that will prevent the use of a POP3 setup in the following situation:

• If your mail server requires the short username (and does not work with the full email address) you will not be able to retrieve email after the initial email account setup

What happens:

• During the initial email account setup, the NC email client allows you to enter the username as the short name without the suffix when configuring the Incoming mail server settings
  • After the setup is completed and saved, that short username gets changed to the full email address (this is the bug part 1)
  • Going back into the Incoming Server setup, you are not allowed to modify the username (this is the bug part 2), so from that point on, you no longer can retrieve email

I use addr.com for my email accounts and they do not allow full email addresses when authenticating, so the NC Mail App is useless to me until the bug mentioned above is fixed.

In the meantime, can anyone recommend a better email App for the NC?

Reader
hawkeyeFL
0 Kudos

I was having the same problem and traced it back to my software update to 1.4.2 and googles gmail updates. I participated in two chat conversations and were told to erease and reregister. I refused and instead deleted my gmail account from the nookcolr and than reinstalled it. WORKS GREAT!

New User
msg5
0 Kudos

Can you tell me how to do this? I used to be set up this way. Now it is just through RR but this is a huge pain because I have to go into webmail often and delete everything which takes forever. I want to switch back to routing RR through my gmail. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
denchie
0 Kudos

He, he, he, heh, heh........:smileyhappy: .    Yes, it's always that last software update that is at fault.  Kinda like, you see a black cat and next thing you know you trip over the curb..........darn those black cats.

New User
trmorgan45
0 Kudos

I want to thank you for this info. I went into B&N they called support while I was in there they said I needed to call AT&T I did and they said is was a B&N issue to contact them. Got on here and walla it worked, thank you so much.

New User
arazaga3
0 Kudos

What video?
yio
Contributor
yio
0 Kudos

I like the black cat theory.  Yeah, just because you had an update does not mean that is the source of the problem. 

yio
Contributor
yio
0 Kudos

Check out these two links at answers.microsoft.com  .  

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/issues-accessing-hotmail-messages-...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-sync/nook-color-and-my-hotmail-account/...

One of them has this in it:

Forum Moderator Community Star

Hi NeldaWilson,

For further investigation on the issue, please help us clarify things first. Kindly provide the detailed steps on how you setup or access your account on your device. Also, please confirm if the same issue happens if you use another account on your device. This will help us determine if it's account related or not.

Thank you.

and there is no answer or attempted answer after that from the moderator.

The other one  ends with this:

Jeffrey_B. replied on July 18, 2012
Forum Moderator Community Star

In reply to BinaryMan01 post on July 9, 2012

Hi,

Please be informed that we currently don't support this device. What we could suggest is for you to remove and re-add your account to your device and verify if your issue will be resolved.

Thanks!

So, it looks like even Microsoft does not know why there are interface problems.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Gmail on Nookcolor...has anyone found an app that the Nookcolor will take or a way to delete contacts on gmail on the Nookcolor? 

New User
praise4him
0 Kudos

This still didn't work for me
kmz
Contributor
kmz
0 Kudos

K-9 Mail is now available in the Nook Store! I installed it (already have it on my phone), and my issues with email not deleting from the server are solved.

Reader
ronnys48
0 Kudos

My yahoo email on my Nook Color is getting weird.  When I open my email account and try to read email, after about 5 seconds the email app closes and bounces me back to the main nook screen.   I have to pull the email app back up again and try to read the email real fast, but it still shuts down the app and goes back to the main nook screen.  It's been happening about 3 months.  Plus when I try to send an email it doesn't send it, it automatically puts in in my DRAFT folder, then closes the app.   Anybody having problems like this? 

Reader
18d30
0 Kudos

have the same problem. as for support dont bother. after 2 days of long wait for  chat and no answer to email about problem i am seling nook and going ipad.

New User
cocoagm
0 Kudos

Good luck with that!!!
New User
cocoagm
0 Kudos

I've been trying on and off for months and still can't do it.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Are people having better luck using something like

K9 Mail?K9 for Nook 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/k9-for-nook-brandroidorg/1112775274?ean=2940043920553

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek
0 Kudos

Yes we are referring to the Brandroid app K9 Mail.. they also have a great file explorer app too

... Actually used to use this app on my Notion Ink Adam (another rant for another day)

Still would like if B&N would fix the built in email app and browser but it does skirt the issue nicely... Even with multiple profiles...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bugeek, do share about the Notion INk Adam. Very interested in knowing how your experience with that was.