Reader 4
Kletha
0 Kudos

Email App

I had set up my email app for my google mail but changed the password on my google mail account

Now when I try to access my email from my Nook Color - it tells me that my password is incorrect :smileysad:

How do I change the password on my Nook to match the password on my email account?

I did try going into settings and change the password on the incoming/outgoing server but that didn't work.

Help?

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: Email App

When you have the mail app open, tap on accounts at the top of the page. Then put a check next to your account and delete it. Then add your email account again with the correct password.
Melissa19
Reader 4
Kletha
0 Kudos

Ok thank you I will try that

Reader 4
Sholynmich
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was having the same problem. This worked!
Reader 4
MooMommy
0 Kudos

I don't want to delete it - there are all kinds of emails in there that I want to save. This is not a valid option for me. I can go in and change the password, but it won't let me continue unless I put something in the server box. What goes in there for Hotmail? Thanks!
Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

MooMommy wrote:
I don't want to delete it - there are all kinds of emails in there that I want to save. This is not a valid option for me. I can go in and change the password, but it won't let me continue unless I put something in the server box. What goes in there for Hotmail? Thanks!

If its gmail, why would deleting the account on your tablet affect the emails stored on Google's servers?

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

BruceMcF wrote:

MooMommy wrote:

If its gmail, why would deleting the account on your tablet affect the emails stored on Google's servers?

Same thing applies to hotmail, you can delete the account off the NOOK without losing all your email.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

I don't know about this specific app, but many POP3 mail programs can be configured to download emails to local storage and remove them from the server. In which case you can lose them if you can't access the content in that particular app's storage.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yes, it depends on what settings the user has chosen.

I've also seen a bug where emails that were downloaded were being deleted from the server despite it being set to not delete them.

So, first, the user should check if the emails are on BOTH server (i.e. website for email provider) and Nook.

If so, then user can delete without any concerns.

If not, then the user is stuck.

Wordsmith
BruceMcF
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:
I don't know about this specific app, but many POP3 mail programs can be configured to download emails to local storage and remove them from the server. In which case you can lose them if you can't access the content in that particular app's storage.

Yes, I guess it could be done, but it eliminates a big part of the benefit of gmail or other cloud based email services to set it up that way.