Contributor
BusterK9
0 Kudos

Erase and Deregister?

i am returning my nook today and getting my money back. i am going to wait a few months and see what comes out in the spring. my question is, do i just need to "erase and deregister device" before i take it back? will that remove my email and account info too or is there additional steps to take? thank you
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Erase and Deregister?

Butster I am sorry that you are not pleased with your device. But to answer your question, yes that is all you need to do. Erase/deregister will return the device to it's original out of the box state.

Contributor
BusterK9
0 Kudos

that's what i needed! thank you so much for taking the time to respond!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
CriticalReception

[ Edited ]

BusterK9 wrote:
i am returning my nook today and getting my money back. i am going to wait a few months and see what comes out in the spring. my question is, do i just need to "erase and deregister device" before i take it back? will that remove my email and account info too or is there additional steps to take? thank you

Erasing and deregistering the device will remove all of your information from the nook and that is all you need to do before returning it. Once a device is erased and deregistered, no information is retained in the nook, requiring any user to create a new account or log in with an exisiting one.

Although your nook no longers has your account information, the account you created with barnes and noble is still open. So any purchases and information pertaining to your account can be found by logging in at bn.com with your email address and password.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Save up another $100 and get The Samsung 7 inch Plus. You get a 1.2 dualcore, 1gb ram, 16gb onboard + up to 32gb mSD slot, WIFI, Bluetooth, USB,  GPS, front and rear camera and wide open market.

IMO the best 7inch on the market for this price.  **$350 on AZ**

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
BusterK9
0 Kudos

thank you for the detailed response, helps a lot!

CriticalReception wrote:

BusterK9 wrote:

Erasing and deregistering the device will remove all of your information from the nook and that is all you need to do before returning it. Once a device is erased and deregistered, no information is retained in the nook, requiring any user to create a new account or log in with an exisiting one.

Although your nook no longers has your account information, the account you created with barnes and noble is still open. So any purchases and information pertaining to your account can be found by logging in at bn.com with your email address and password.

Contributor
BusterK9
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks phoneboy, I was actually reading the reviews on the Samsung last night. I was thinking of getting it, but I think am going to be patient and see what is coming out in the next few months.

phoneboy wrote:

Save up another $100 and get The Samsung 7 inch Plus. You get a 1.2 dualcore, 1gb ram, 16gb onboard + up to 32gb mSD slot, WIFI, Bluetooth, USB,  GPS, front and rear camera and wide open market.

IMO the best 7inch on the market for this price.  **$350 on AZ**

phoneboy

Waiting iis prob a good Idea. the Tablet market is moving fast.

I'm looking fwd to the Asus 7" Memo rumored to be comming out this year. I dont need a 7"(I have my Nook color) just want to see how/if it changes the Tablet market

A 10" tab with HDMI out and open market is my next tech gadget

I really want the Asus transformer. Everything I want and with the dock its close to being a netbook and has 16hrs batt. Patiently waiting for the price drops 

Good luck. come back n let us know what you end up with

New User
JenLubinski
0 Kudos

You realize you responded to spam?
phoneboy
0 Kudos

JenLubinski wrote:

Huh????

:smileyindifferent:

Contributor
BusterK9
0 Kudos

I will have to read about the Asus 7", haven't read up on that one yet. Not sure what I will end up with, I just need to be patient and wait and see what comes out and at what price I guess. Thanks man!

Thaphoneboy wrote:

Waiting iis prob a good Idea. the Tablet market is moving fast.

I'm looking fwd to the Asus 7" Memo rumored to be comming out this year. I dont need a 7"(I have my Nook color) just want to see how/if it changes the Tablet market

A 10" tab with HDMI out and open market is my next tech gadget

I really want the Asus transformer. Everything I want and with the dock its close to being a netbook and has 16hrs batt. Patiently waiting for the price drops 

Good luck. come back n let us know what you end up with

Contributor
BusterK9
0 Kudos

I second that.... huh???
phoneboy wrote:

JenLubinski wrote:

Huh????

:smileyindifferent:

Contributor
BusterK9

Well, returned the Nook tablet this morning. At first the lady behind the counter said, I only had two weeks to make a return, it was too late. I pulled the print out of the holiday return policy from Barnes and Noble that I printed off of the internet and showed her. She then asked me if I had the gift card I bought it with.. ummm.. I paid cash for it, no gift cards or credit or debit cards involved.

She called someone else over and she was surprised I was returning a Nook.. and it was a Nook tablet no less.. Anyway, she saw I paid cash and said that, "oh, that may be a problem.." They called a manager up front and the manager had to give the cashier a form and then left. About 5 minutes later the manager comes back and gives the cashier wad of money for her drawer and for my return. She processed the return, I got my cash and was on my way to window shop for tablets at Best Buy..  

Contributor
jayh3
0 Kudos

This is a Nook reader forum not a tablet forum!  Can't read those tablets in the sun.  They also don't last a month on 1 battery charge.

MacMcK1957

[ Edited ]
Actually, this forum is labeled "Nook Talk" so discussion of any Nook, whether First Edition, Simple Touch with or without Glow, Color, Tablet, or any of the HD models, is appropriate. What seems less appropriate is responding to a post someone made 18 months ago.
New User
Inyourplace
0 Kudos

Or buy a real computer with the money.

bobstro

Or save up for a time machine.

Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Lets do the timewarp again!

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

Mercury_Glitch wrote:

Lets do the timewarp again!

It's just a jump to the right...