Contributor
kkDW
0 Kudos

Evernote For Nook Tablet Question

I've downloaded Evernote and cannot find the method of storing a website address to a note.  There is no Evernote icon on the web bar and no choice to save in the Options list.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220

Re: Evernote For Nook Tablet Question

[ Edited ]

There are two ways to save Web pages with Evernote.

Add a link to a note if you want to be able to open the entire website, or clip relevant parts of the Web page to save in an Evernote notebook. Web Clipper extensions are available for all major browsers.

On my desktop have Evernote and Web clipper extension installed on firefox for Evernote. Then can clip parts or whole page to evernote.That I have installed on my PC that way everything I browse from PC to Nook Color is synced.

Sorry haven't done it from Evernote itself on nook color. But would think copy address link in browser then switch to Evernote and creat new note and paste link into note.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
kkDW
0 Kudos

I don't see a way to copy the URL as a link into the note.
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

[ Edited ]

Just copy and paste the URL. After you save and reopen the note, it will be an active link.

At least that's how my standard Android version of Evernote works. YMMV.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Reader
Allways_Seeking
0 Kudos

Are you reffering to the note on the Nook or desktop?
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

[ Edited ]

Allways_Seeking wrote:
Are you reffering to the note on the Nook or desktop?

If you're asking me, I was referring to the note on the tablet (my tablet isn't a Nook; I'm assuming it works the same).

The desktop version of Evernote does see URLs pasted in the tablet version as active. But apparently a URL pasted or typed into the desktop version is just inactive text. However, if you then sync from the tablet, edit and re-save the note, it will become active. Strange behavior.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

kkDW wrote:

I've downloaded Evernote and cannot find the method of storing a website address to a note.  There is no Evernote icon on the web bar and no choice to save in the Options list.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.

I interpreted your question differently than the others.  What I see you asking is this:

If you are using your nook and are "in" a webpage, you want to send the url to a new note on Evernote.  Is that correct?

If so, use the Dolphin browser instead of the stock browser.  When you are in a webpage using dolphin, at the bottom of the right hand side of the page is an icon -- a circle with 3 lines through it.  Select the icon, then select "More", and then "Share Page."  You can email it to yourself, or if you have evernote installed on your nook, create a note directly in evernote.

Hope this helps.