Reader 4
missyjenks
0 Kudos

Features of CM7 on sd disk for Nook Color?

[ Edited ]

My daughter and I share a Nook Color. Recently she had become disappointed because almost every app we see advertised on the net, tv and so isn't available on the Nook Market. So I made a bootable CM7 SD disk. It works great. I've downloaded the apps from Google Play and etc.

But I want to know what else can I now do? How do I add videos to the CM7 SD disk so that I can watch them using cm7. Is mp4 the only file types of videos I can watch (i ask because someone briefly mentioned on the net of an app that extends the files types of videos you can watch). I know where I can place them on the actual Nook Color OS but curious about placement on CM7 side of it. I guess that I also want to know how to place music files and such.

I had used a 16gb micro disk for this but once I installed the CM7 and such to make the bootable CM7 disk it shows I don't have very much space at all. Is there something I need to do to unlock the actual space I should have so I can download more things or at least add more than one video and such? 

I tried doing various searches on the actual discussions of the features but I mainly get the "how to install', ''what to install', and so for making a CM7 bootable disk.

Distinguished Correspondent
poiuy
0 Kudos

Re: Features of CM7 on sd disk for Nook Color?

You're probably seeing only the boot partition which is less than 200MB.  To see your actual Android space and transfer files to it you need to boot into CM7 and connect your Nook to your computer with the power/usb cable.  You should see a notification pop up on your Nook (if it doesn't you can manually check your notifications), which will have a button to enable USB.  Tap that and confirm it on the next page. 

Two new drives should show up on your computer, one will be your Nook's internal storage and one will be the CM7 storage on your SDcard.  Now it's just down to drag n drop.

The VLC media player will play almost anything, get it at the Play Store.

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

I haven't  used CM7 in a long time, so i'm sure some experts will be along shortly.

AS for your space,  when you formatted the uSD you should have expanded one of the partitions...so depending on what you are told by more experienced minds, you may have to reformat your uSD and start over.  (I had to do this several times.  it gets easier)

CM7 will allow you to see videos stored in stock, as well as pictures, documents, and sideloaded books.  Open your gallery and you should see your pics and vids.

Peace,

jeremy

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

May I suggest that you consider rooting B&N 1.4.3 with ManualNooter 5.2.19 and or installing both MN and CM as a dual boot from your NC and not from your uSD card?

To install ManualNooter 5.2.19 follow the these instructions in the first post. 

To install the Dual Boot on your NC follow these instructions in the first post. 

The Dual Boot on the emmc (NC) would allow both to share the same uSD card, without having an OS on the card taking up room. You also get the advantage of having B&N NC features and CM7 features. In most cases, your apps can share the same data on both. 

If you install ManualNooter, be patient with it since there is processing going on after the NC becomes functional, such as Market/Playstore updates itself so. It takes a while for the Market/Playstore update to happen and become visible.

I have found that printing the instructions and checking them off while doing them helps prevent getting lost or skipping a step. Also, some steps may not be required, so I line them out.

Good luck!

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods