Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

File Location

Help!!!

I have a dual boot setup with 7.2.2-RC3-Kang on eMMc normal and 1.4.2.keep-CWM on eMMc alternate.

This is by far the most satisfying iteration (of many) I have used on my original NC.

However, I cannot for the life of me find the path to the folders where my Kindle and Nook books are kept for their respective apps on the Normal/7.2.0-RC3 side.

I have used both the Root Explorer and File manager apps to no avail.

The files for my 1.4.2 Nook books are clearly on the sdcard.

In the eMMC sections I can examaine, both the Nook and Kindle folders are empty even though I clearly have books in both.

Uploading to BN and then d/l to the app is not an option for several titles I want on the "apps" side.

Thanks in advance.

Also: Is there a 1.4.3-keep-CWM in the offing???

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: File Location

For any root-related or Cyanogenmod-related questions, you might have better luck on the XDA-Developer forum.

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

My NC is not rooted anymore, so i don't know if this will help.  My books are under:

B&N Dowloads\Books

If I remember correctly, this was also true when I dual-booted.  I did occasionally get confused as to which directory I was on, but you seem to know what you are looking at.

Peace,

Jeremy

Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

Jermy,

Thanks, but "no prize"!
This is becoming a real mystery as finding th 1.4.2 titles on the sdcard is a "piece of cake".
I am starting to wonder that, when splitting the eMMc into two sections for my current setup, the "files" section isn't showing.

I do have this question up on "XDA" also.
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

My books downloaded on my tablet show up under /mnt/sdcard/Nook/Content
Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

Thanks for that lead as it has lead me to my solution.

I just copy my books into "My Documents" in that folder and they show up and open under the "My Files" section of the app.

However, the location of the Kindle app files continues to elude me!

BTW, I posted this question in the xda-developers forum "Questions and Answers" section, had over 50 views and not one response!

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

I have placed my kindle compatible books in the \kindle folder on the uSD card and the Kindle app finds them there.

Is this what you are looking for? 

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Frequent Contributor
P38Lightning
0 Kudos

When I check the Kindle folder, it has two subfolders: ACW and Covers, both of which are empty.

Yet, when I open the app, it shows six books as available and there are 11 listed under "On Device".