Reader 4
Vonox
0 Kudos

Fitness for Batteries ?

Hi

Do I need to "exercise" the NC battery, for example by waiting to charge until the level drops below 10 - or is it best to let the battery stay high on level all the time, and just keep charging whenever you can, no matter how full it is ?

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

Re: Fitness for Batteries ?

This type of battery gives the best performance and life when kept between 20% and 80%. I usually let it drop to 20% or 25% before charging back up to 8)% - which is hard sometimes, I do go over but I try not to.

Reader 4
Vonox
0 Kudos

Thank you :smileyhappy:

- then I'll try to do the same with my battery.

But do you really think it can be damaged if it always is charged up to 100% ?

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Vonox wrote:

Thank you :smileyhappy:

- then I'll try to do the same with my battery.

But do you really think it can be damaged if it always is charged up to 100% ?

Nope just like my Lithium-Ion for my cameras always keep it at 100% but do use them and the nook color daily. And usually charge them when they hit the 50% or below mark.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Inspired Contributor
ToddK
0 Kudos

I've had this nook color a little over a year now, and I'm noticing the battery dosen't last anywhere near as long as it used to. It is dead within 4-5 hours of reading, web browsing, etc. Sure wish the battery was user replaceable. Picked up a 10 inch Toshiba Thrive and with WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS I've been able to get a solid 15 hours of reading, web browsing, games, email, searching for the space station using a really cool augmented reality app and of course, reading all my B&N content on the nook app for android. Well, worth the extra $75 bucks AND, in a year from now, when the battery begins to lose it's "ooomfff" - I can remove the back cover and slap in a new one! I also realized just how bad the nook color browser and keyboard are.... this is painful to type on. ;-) wonder if the OTA update will change anything.... if it ever comes, that is. (No sideload option - NO computer, (I find I can do everything I need to on tablet and/or smartphone - except sideload a nook color update! - so I gave it up,) and B&N is too far away...) so the nook sits and waits for some B&N OTA love.