Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Re: Free app fridays-office pro 7

Wow, thanks.

I was a bit worried that someone would take it the wrong way. My intentions are good at least.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Just as a quick follow up. I got the updated Officesuite yesterday and it works perfectly.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

For anyone interested, this week's Free Friday App looks like a fun game:

Jelly Flop (App, Free Friday) by Concrete Software. Price: $0. Genre: App. Rated 4.5 stars on 260 reviews.

Frequent Contributor
Lulugirl28
0 Kudos

I got this game (Jelly Flop) and it won't open on my Nook Color. Screen went black and I had to reboot. Tried several times with the same results :smileysad:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

That's strange that it won't open. It's rated very highly so I would have thought it would work.

Does archiving, restarting Nook, and then unarchiving fix the issue?

Frequent Contributor
Lulugirl28
0 Kudos

5ivedom,

I have archived, unarchived and rebooted my NC but nothing helps. The screen will either go black and not come back, soI have to reboot, or it goes black and then after awhile I get a message that the app is "not responding"  and I can either wait or force close it. It is supposed to be compatible with the Nook Color so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

In all the excitement I forgot to buy it. So I can't test on my Nook Color and let you know what happens.

Sorry, don't know why it wouldn't work.

Frequent Contributor
KeWaDaHa
0 Kudos

Is anybody else having problems with this app opening.  It shows that I purchased it on the shop page and when I look at my account online - but it doesn't show up in my apps or in my archived apps at all. 

Correspondent
Wulfraed

I was about to suggest it might be a bad update -- since when I just checked an update was fetched -- but the update is running on my system.

If the device shop page shows it as purchased the "buy" button should have turned inti an "open" button. Granted, that's not the same as just tapping the icon on the installed apps page, but should verify the stare of the install.

OH SECOND THING.

There have been instances of new downloads not showing up in an HD/+ profile. You may need to use the "edit profile" and ensure that all apps are approved for the profile! Yes, even the master profile can have this problem.

Baron Wulfraed
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Yeesh.. fat fingers today...

inti -> into

stare -> state

Baron Wulfraed
Frequent Contributor
KeWaDaHa
0 Kudos

On the shop page - it does give me the option to "open", but when I try that- I get nothing.  I do not want to deactivate my device because I do not want to lose all of my settings and my side loaded stuff.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

We had a customer who had this problem with one of our apps.

What worked for them?

1) Archive app from device.

2) Restart Nook.

3) Redownload.

Before doing that, I'd recommend just doing a simple restart by pressing power button and n button for 30 seconds.